Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsure if id risk or not depends on how others pulled up ie hooker, Saad and Langford and results for the rest of the week.

There is still some small chance we can make it with 12 wins if we pump port by 50 only lose by a goal.

Crows flog north at home by 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real concern how often his body’s breaking down at such a young age.

This is the 3 mid time this year now, not including his delayed start to year, on top of the month block he missed leading into finals last year.

Big job for fitness & conditioning to getting this gun right over summer.

Fantasia has the best leading patterns of any player at the club - He's exceptional at timing his leads and in finding space in forward 50.

Last edited:
Real concern how often his body’s breaking down at such a young age.

This is the 3 mid time this year now, not including his delayed start to year, on top of the month block he missed leading into finals last year.

Big job for fitness & conditioning to getting this gun right over summer.
If he misses Round 23 as well, he will have only played 13 games for the season. Something is not right with those hammies and it's getting to the point of being concerning with how often it's happening.

He's our ferrari and to have him up on blocks this often is a body blow. He provides us with a dimension that, with his blend of talent, no other player on our list can.

Fantasia has the best leading patterns of any player at the club - He's exceptional at timing his leads and in finding space in forward 50.
I agree. Normally its the small forwards main agenda is to get front and square, kick roving type goals, and apply pressure. Not saying he does not do that as he does those well too. But your post is spot on. He makes it look so easy. He must have exceptional pace off the mark and as you said he his timing and leading patterns are as good as anyone playing. Also it helps having mids that honour his leads and do not bomb it long as we have been guilty of in the past.

Last edited:
If he misses Round 23 as well, he will have only played 13 games for the season. Something is not right with those hammies and it's getting to the point of being concerning with how often it's happening.

He's our ferrari and to have him up on blocks this often is a body blow. He provides us with a dimension that, with his blend of talent, no other player on our list can.

I wouldnt be too worried long term. He had a poor pre season and its been shown year after year that if you have a poor one you will break down over the year, with how bursty he is its probably amplified.

One thing i think that has been highlighted this year is that when our players are in doubt or flirting with an injury we havnt backed off enough or have pushed them too hard. Id hope we do a bit of a review into it this off season, if we are to challenge next year we need to have bulletproof fitness program.

I wouldnt be too worried long term. He had a poor pre season and its been shown year after year that if you have a poor one you will break down over the year, with how bursty he is its probably amplified.

One thing i think that has been highlighted this year is that when our players are in doubt or flirting with an injury we havnt backed off enough or have pushed them too hard. Id hope we do a bit of a review into it this off season, if we are to challenge next year we need to have bulletproof fitness program.
I agree. I think better supplements would help. Maybe doing something less old fashioned too. I’ve heard of this amino acid that helps with tissue recovery. I believe it’s called Thymosin Beta 4. Club should look into it.

We've also seen year after year that players with persistent hammies get all scarred up and have to change their running styles and it can dog them for their whole career
Sack Crow

Back