Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Since we're all worried about Raz's soft tissue injury history, here's a bit of light-hearted fun to lift the spirits a bit and make us appreciate how lucky we are to have him on our list. Some posts from the start of this thread when he was drafted:

Reasonably happy with this pick. Marsh, Reynolds, Templeton or Conlon would have been nice but hopefully we can get Reynolds, Templeton and/or Conlon in the rookie draft (how the eff did Collingwood get Marsh at 77? Wasn't he a top 20 chance two weeks ago?).
Would have preferred Marsh, but welcome Oranzio!
Predicted it would be a no name at pick 55.
Welcome....
I would have preferred Marsh
Sounds to me like a Leroy Jetta with better defensive skills. I am happy with this.
I see him as an upgrade on Colyer, still fast and agile, but potentially better defensively and a better user of the ball. Won't be a star but he could become a handy cog in the side
Am I the only one that thinks his disposal looked pretty shaky in that video?
Absolutely sickened by this decision. Listening to Brian Taylor is bad enough as is without this guy being added to the mix.
(wow, called it!)

Since we're all worried about Raz's soft tissue injury history, here's a bit of light-hearted fun to lift the spirits a bit and make us appreciate how lucky we are to have him on our list. Some posts from the start of this thread when he was drafted:

(wow, called it!)

Is it too late to get this Marsh fellow?

We've also seen year after year that players with persistent hammies get all scarred up and have to change their running styles and it can dog them for their whole career
Sack Crow

I know you’re probably being facetious but I do think it’s reasonable to put the heath & conditioning staff under an extra spotlight if they’re giving bad advice to the players and selection committee. It’s a hard one because you can go too far the other way and be too conservative but I don’t think our club has got the balance right this year.

I think this has just been one of those years where he didn't get a full preseason and then problems have followed on from there. Not sure if he has a big problem with soft tissue injuries. It is always a bit of a risk for these speedy small forward types. Fantasia also covers big distance as well.

Don't think it would be the worst idea to talk to a professional about it in the preseason about how to minimise the risks.

Minor strain. Will miss rd 22.
giphy.gif

I think this has just been one of those years where he didn't get a full preseason and then problems have followed on from there. Not sure if he has a big problem with soft tissue injuries. It is always a bit of a risk for these speedy small forward types. Fantasia also covers big distance as well.

Don't think it would be the worst idea to talk to a professional about it in the preseason about how to minimise the risks.

I think this would be an understatement.
you would simply expect some substantial professional analysis on how to proceed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's seriously awesome! He is such an essential player to us and I was always just a tad nervous that he might go back to SA one day despite me firmly believing that he loves being at Essendon. To sign up a year in advance suggests that he is pretty happy where he is and really sees success coming in the near future.

If he can get his body right, he could easily become the premier small forward in the comp.

Hi Guys.
Adelaide based bombers fan - one of the guys in my office saying Raz has requested to come home after his contract next year. (Hate these damn crows supporters)

My initial reaction was no way, seems like a guy who loves playing for the club.. but apparently this source is good (but who really knows)

Anyone got any goss on if he's in talks with the club at all about a new contract?

Yeah, apparently it is going to be announced at a presser this arvo that he has requested a move home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back