TV 13 Reasons Why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I understand him going out there and talking to him to show that he cares about him, but whisking him away in Tony's car just reeks of trying to set up a third season instead of creating a good narrative.
Word on the street is the season was supposed to end with a school shooting however after the season was filmed Parkland happened and with all the backlash they dropped it and reshot the ending with Tyler being stopped. Considering the second season was supposed to be on Netflix a month or two before it actually was uploaded this rumour has legs imo.

squashface

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Word on the street is the season was supposed to end with a school shooting however after the season was filmed Parkland happened and with all the backlash they dropped it and reshot the ending with Tyler being stopped. Considering the second season was supposed to be on Netflix a month or two before it actually was uploaded this rumour has legs imo.
Fair enough that they may have thought it was in bad taste. But why even write or shoot it like that in the first place given that that is already the social climate in the US

Marmozet

Premium Gold
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
After watching the second season, I thought that it was a bit un-required so I’m not sure a third season is necessary either. Obviously just trying to get more out of its success.

All those who slam the show saying it glorifies suicide and that anyone who watches it is a monster will be thrilled that it’s going all the way to a third season...

Sylvia Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Watched it. Definitely unnecessary to have a second season but got through it pretty quick which is always a good sign.

Dislikes
Hannah appearing as a ghost so much. Unnecessary and unrealistic. Clay is a bit odd but he's clearly not insane.

It was building nicely towards a great finish then... Nothing happened?

Bryce effectively got away with sexual assault.
The poloroids were useless and burnt away.
Monty got away with everything.
Tyler didn't shoot anyone.
The school won the court case (obviously, their lawyer destroyed Hannah's.)

I get they want to stretch it out but I was left thoroughly underwhelmed by how nothing was really done.

Also poor old Alex finally getting a date with Jessica and some movement in his Johnson then she goes and roots Justin in the toilets. Ouch.

Mr Porter was MVP of season 2.

gaskin

Premium Platinum
Aug 19, 2009
On board the Cam train
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
Finally watched season 2 and I echo the sentiments of everyone else. Completely unnecessary. If they wanted to go a 2nd season they should have just halved the amount of episodes and focused almost solely on the trial using flashbacks when the students were on the stand. I don't know about anyone else but it was difficult to sit through 13 episodes of bulls**t. It did pick up in the 2nd half but it was definitely too long.

matt_897

Aug 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
NY Jets, Man U, Australian Tennis
Considering the amount of school shooting in the us, don't see why they would do that because of one. Would be shining a light on it like it did with suicide in the first season. It was a weak ending

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Considering the amount of school shooting in the us, don't see why they would do that because of one. Would be shining a light on it like it did with suicide in the first season. It was a weak ending
The backash because of Parkland was second to none. It was a pretty big deal. I suppose they didnt want to make a deal of a school shooting knowing the backlash of Parkland was. Like they didnt want to encourage others to do the same. Otherwise I'd agree.

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
The strangest thing about S2 IMO was the Zac / Hannah romance. Didn't fit.
Most of the additional stories seemed a bit forced, so the whole court room narrative would be more than just rehashing what we already knew.

Really could have just left this as a 1 season show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve watched it

I’ve worked with suicidal clients

It’s not condoning suicide at all

And we should never sensor art .....

I’ve watched and enjoy is funny word to use in describing my feeling ....I acrtually was immersed by it

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Season 2 picked up from about ep 4, some of it could have been better, but I did enjoy it for the most part. Not sure it needed to happen though.

Top Bottom