FTA-TV 13 Reasons Why

Remove this Banner Ad

this episode recap is a bit lite compared to your walking dead stuff

So yeah rally late to the party. Hope you don’t mind me delving back into the early eps and providing some comments. This kinda helps me digest things.

Season 1 episode 4.

Half way through, the counsellor talks to the chemist guy. oh that’s hannahs dad! Hmmmm. Counsellor places two nappy products on the counter and hands over a note. Dad takes the note and is calculating change. Counsellor goes grabs two bags of candy i think. So guessing the note was at least a 50, probably a 100? In my countless times in the states i hated the same coloured notes.

Oh hannah and the petite asian girl gonna have some drinkies.

ok, its getting blurry now. switching to netflix on apple tv. i was watching off netflix app off the tv.

oh crap, its repeating part of the scene again. i thought it just picks up where last stopped, irrespective of what platform you’re watching on. oh well.

the mum seems to like inviting boys from school into her home. dad….walplex….interesting, some more layers here.

ok truth or dare, alcohol, two girls in bedroom.

i get the feeling this episode is setting up the parents as pivotal reasons?

why would or do people leave their blinds/curtains open at night?

i like how past and present episodes play out and intertwine. like the front door opening and someone leaving, past and present.

damn social media/texts. hate to be a teen these days in scandalous situations. naughty photos. damn.

lol clay saving dirty naughty images in calculus folder.

Tony really does not seem to be the same age as clay. Did he stay down or something? Or is he like an international student who’s older but due to language constraints has to drop down a few grades.

Clays family eating dinner, and Bakers also eating. both using the SAME glasses. WTF!?!!

Mrs baker playing the anguished, grieving mum so well.

There;s multiple tapes? Like copies?

oh man!!! PRO V1s!!! Great golf ball but expensive.

Yep tyler undresses with blinds open and lights on. *in stupid campaigner. haha

Episode 5

now the blonde kid, alex. got that serial killer look about him. ah the school dance. the awkwardness of waiting to be asked or just asked.

“I’ve been watching strictly ballroom”. no doubt a nod to hannah (actress) aussie roots.

man that was Carrie esque. hannah blood and the knife.

id love to have a full prepared breakfast like that. Clay is lucky.

Courtney has two dads.

whah. all the characters are coming together. like avengers.

um hannah you left your lights on.

does tony have any other jackets other than the leather one?

oh courtney playing!! planting the seed to get her off the lesbian hook? hmmmm obv spreading rumours about hannah.

damn this is deep. shining a light on what school kids go through.

um yeah flat battery hannah?

Clay going nuts, blaming everyone.

Mix tapes. Niiicceeeeeee!

s**t clay in the bad guys car. this is not good 80 mph. fast. coppppeerrrrr. wait, serial killers dad? is he in on this?

oh clays mum is a lawyer????! Wait, isn’t this a conflict of interest being a parent at the school too? Man. don’t trust her clay! Clay cries in the shower.

Episode 6.

serial killer fighting with popular kid. get yo phones out!!!!!!

Oh my dollar valentine. Could this happen in todays day and age?

just leave the car in the middle of the road?

so many questions.

politics at hand here.

marcus time.

interesting students in charge of disciplinary decisions.

Chess pieces are moving. Clay and Cherie, Jess and Justin…

marko!!

clay you closed the door……cherie is in on this. oh he’s got a can of sunkist. that drink wa s big in the early 90s!

marcus predictable. and heres marcos mate, the big asian guy with side parting. gonna try smooth the waters?

mrs baker filling the vase, overflowing. oh theres bananas on top of the mandarins. bananas make fruit age quicker.

jess drinking in bed. can’t the father smell it?

alex calls his dad sir. and theres a gun.

oh look tony hanging at cemetery at night. alone. yeah can’t say id do that.

Hmmm, not a strong ep IMHO.

Episode 8.
Most memorable part involved rock climbing. How the hell does one climb rock with only chalk and no harnesses?

Christian Navarro plays Tony. Who I got the impression was the bad boy of the school, but kind also. When he turns up to a confrontation between clay and teh jocks in his car, they all back away.

Tony is listed at 1.70m
Clay at 1.73m

But in this episode Tony looks tiny!

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Tony has brothers though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Season 2 had its nuts chopped off by a noisy minority
One of the leading cause of death is suicide....why is there a taboo ? Weak by netflix

Well the last episode was pretty confronting and gripping. Rape scene especially not comfy, blood on broomstick was shocking.
monty needs to be shot. did laugh when he asked bryce what he could do to make things right. We all know/knew this guy at school, the 2ic in the cool gang, sucked up to no 1.

the chick burning the polaroids. WHYYYYYYYYYY

This show knows how to go from OC to OZ! :eek: In that regard it does feel a bit fake.
Overall it was a good watch and entertaining enough but as expected wasn't as impactful or as good as the first season now they are obviously looking to milk it and deviate from the source material. Was slow to get into but picked up midway through the season. I feel they really bungled the finale though.

Im a latecomer. S2 certainly was slower, but i think thats normal. Why? Cause when the premise of teh show was hannah killing herself, you just wanna know why and or when. Then you see her do it, and you go ahhhh, i see, ok then. Anything after becomes a but meh.

Finished it today. Messed up scene with Tyler. And that ending was tense.

******* Bryce the arsehole. Absolute prick. And that Montgomery arsehole needs to be shown a lesson too.

I read the Columbine book recently and I don't recall either actually being assaulted.

use of bolded word in a reference to tyler/monty is 100% apt

I could imagine a second season. Similar to the first season, but replace suicide with mass murder (school shooting, which was hinted at in the finale). Replace 13 tapes with 13 photos. Have Clay (or another, new protagonist) get sent a package with the photos shown in the finale. The season would still have flashbacks with Hannah, as her parents go through the tapes. We'd get to see what happens to Bryce re: criminal proceedings (or lack thereof, not quite sure if the final tape would be admissible in court). The overall theme would be similar to the first season.

eerie premonition

Well the last episode was pretty confronting and gripping. Rape scene especially not comfy, blood on broomstick was shocking.
monty needs to be shot. did laugh when he asked bryce what he could do to make things right. We all know/knew this guy at school, the 2ic in the cool gang, sucked up to no 1.

the chick burning the polaroids. WHYYYYYYYYYY

She played that incredibly well- that part where her eyes just go "dead" about half way thru, when she stops fighting is heart breaking.

As for the suicide scene, didnt really effect me as much. Have seen the movie 2.37- from what i can recall of it, that suicide scene was much more shocking.

She played that incredibly well- that part where her eyes just go "dead" about half way thru, when she stops fighting is heart breaking.

As for the suicide scene, didnt really effect me as much. Have seen the movie 2.37- from what i can recall of it, that suicide scene was much more shocking.

oh i was referring to tyler and the broomstick.

but your point about hannahs rape scene....totally agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back