Past #13: Ryan Clarke - officially traded to Sydney in exchange for #61 in 2018 ND - thanks Clarkey

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever the virus was that knocked out Dal Santo in Perth, I thank you.

Because, without you Mr Virus. Clarke may still be waiting to debut and instead we've got to see a player with real potential come and think to ourselves.
Why didn't this kid debut earlier ?

Because, without you Mr Virus. Clarke may still be waiting to debut and instead we've got to see a player with real potential come and think to ourselves.

Every time a player comes in and does well, you can either think they'd have done exactly the same earlier and should have come in, or you can think his development has been managed well to come in and make an immediate impact.

Or, crazy third option, you can be delighted for the kid, excited about his future, and not turn it into a comment either way on coaches and selectors. Think I'll go with that.

This guy is the type of player we have been waiting for, run/dash and finds the ball.

Also he doesn't backdown - after a one goal they were heading back to the centre and he started wrestling with Grundy and he held his own.

We've been waiting for you son

I hope he gets the nomination but ever since Lewis Taylor got the overall prize ahead of our man the Bont...:drunk:

Off topic a bit but Bont consistently shows he's 100x the player that Lewis Taylor will ever be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time a player comes in and does well, you can either think they'd have done exactly the same earlier and should have come in, or you can think his development has been managed well to come in and make an immediate impact.

Or, crazy third option, you can be delighted for the kid, excited about his future, and not turn it into a comment either way on coaches and selectors. Think I'll go with that.
The voice of moderation as ever H2h. The criticism gets oh so tiresome.

From memory one of the traits he displayed for ER in their finals was the capacity to step it up in the final quarters. Constant involvement.

So does Luke McDonald, Zach Merrett and about every other player that looked good for the 2014 Rising Star barring James Aish.

McDonald (50x better than Lewis) and Clarke will be very good players in the future.

Hell, Apart from Aish, I'd have the rest of Brisbane's draftees ahead.

With Clarke, there's another goodun from the Eastern Ranges.

Perhaps he wasn't ready? Re-view the videos with BS made at the beginning of the season (pre-season), when he gives a brief insight into the young players and the things they have to develop.

Again a good mix of contested and uncontested ball. Just the type of addition we need.

North supporter on SEN just the saying how Clarkey reminded him of Cousins.
Good get.

Amazing I thought exactly the same thing this morning as I watched the replay before I heard this!

His dash is quite reminiscent but we need to temper the comparisons somewhat!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back