Past #13: Ryan Clarke - officially traded to Sydney in exchange for #61 in 2018 ND - thanks Clarkey

Remove this Banner Ad

The best part to his game yesterday was that he has particularly good vision when he's moving through the contest.

He's on the move and other opposition players are drawn to him, but his movement creates space and makes our blokes move into better positions.

Somewhat like cunners but more on the move

And we can certainly do with a few of those. We looked absolutely out on our feet yesterday other than Clarke and Gibbo in the last quarter

Wood and TG lifted then despite looking dead on their feet. But Clarke and Gibbo were great at the death as well. Gibbo's run down the wing ... Arj should have to watch that repeatedly with those things that hold your eyelids open before he posts.

I must of missed something, did he go out with the boys after the win and get on the crank?
Its a hard one to describe.But there is this close parallel to cuz when clarke is bursting from a centre bounce clearance. Kicking action at full pace is similar too.

This kid will sadly not make it.

What makes you say this? Thought he was ok today, and has been building into the year nicely.
Admittedly his hands in close could use some work but his endurance is great and he seems to get into lots of dangerous positions.
Logical Gibbo replacement long term I would have thought.

I watched him closely tonight and noticed how soft he was with no turning ability. straight line runner only. The Game is abit too fast for his type.

I watched him closely tonight and noticed how soft he was with no turning ability. straight line runner only. The Game is abit too fast for his type.
And I watched him closely tonight and was probably our best midfielder for tonight. Which perhaps doesnt say too much but when you've played only a handful of games I think he has plenty of upside and a promising future as he will only get better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I watched him closely tonight and was probably our best midfielder for tonight. Which perhaps doesnt say too much but when you've played only a handful of games I think he has plenty of upside and a promising future as he will only get better.
sorry i dont see it. i get he looked competitive at times with some gut running and effort but defensively he is horrible and i think his midfield type is a dying breed in the afl. I only think he looks good at the end of games when everyone is tired so not much difference to gibbo.

sorry i dont read stats. I watch effort and skill. Just because he wears blue and white doesnt mean we cant judge them.

sorry i dont read stats. I watch effort and skill.Just because he wears blue and white doesnt mean we cant judge them.

My point as badly as I made it is- you are being a dickhead by stating someone won't make it after 12 bloody games. A ridiculous comment.

sorry i dont read stats. I watch effort and skill. Just because he wears blue and white doesnt mean we cant judge them.
I'm not prepared to go as far as you have, but I can see the point you're making and I was very keen to see what Clarke could do this season. I expected him to take greater steps.

He is slow-ish, but I expected his gut running to make more of a difference with link plays more than it has thus far. He can also let himself down with disposals. I'm hoping his defensive side improves with a bit more muscle as he gets older.

In short, I'm still hopeful though not as optimistic as I was at the end of last year. Will be interesting to see how he goes over the next 1-2 years.

My point as badly as I made it is- you are being a dickhead by stating someone won't make it after 12 bloody games. A ridiculous comment.
Sorry ryan I didnt know you were a member of bigfooty. I dont rate him ok? I have watched him play both vfl and afl level numerous times and its my opinion. Get over it you big sook.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back