Past #13: Ryan Clarke - officially traded to Sydney in exchange for #61 in 2018 ND - thanks Clarkey

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Almost looks like a real gun, but his disposal by hand needs some real work. Has a lot of strengths however, will definitely make it.
Good call. It's as if he's handballing this way due to insufficient strength in his arms. That's how it looks.

All the complaints about his disposal etc, just remember he's played SEVENTEEN (that's for you dees fans) games and his first four were spectacular (when he had a lot more experience around him).

Best is yet to come, has the smarts, skills and intent to be one of the first 3 picked each week.

All the complaints about his disposal etc, just remember he's played SEVENTEEN (that's for you dees fans) games and his first four were spectacular (when he had a lot more experience around him).

Best is yet to come, has the smarts, skills and intent to be one of the first 3 picked each week.
Very astute draft pick in my opinion..... like him a lot!

Your boy :thumbsu:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Is that a breakout game for Clarko?

Can he go elite next year?

He won't be "elite" until he fixes up his defensive work.

He was shown up badly by De Goey a couple of times when he got dragged in to the Collingwood forward line.

Still, it was a good game from a young kid in his 17th match.

Last edited:

He was shown up badly by De Goey a couple of times when he got dragged in to the Collingwood back line.

Needs to model his defensive running game on Gibson and add the defensive elements that are missing ATM.

DeGoey has an extra pre-season and a lot more senior footy behind him than Ryan, but Ryan certainly has a few goals that he needs to achieve over the pre-season.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He was shown up badly by De Goey a couple of times when he got dragged in to the Collingwood back line.

Noticed that.

But let's get serious here. It was a 1v1 deep, degoey has the strength to push through the likes of cunners at a stoppage. Ideally clarkes best is as an outside mid and team structures should indicate he never gets put into those scenarios.

I wouldn't be pinning that one on him just yet

Yeah but nah.
He was rising star last year!
Don't think you can be nominated twice....
Still eligible.

To be eligible to be nominated for the award, a player must be younger than 21 years of age on 1 January of the award year and have played 10 or fewer senior games before the beginning of the season.

Still eligible.

To be eligible to be nominated for the award, a player must be younger than 21 years of age on 1 January of the award year and have played 10 or fewer senior games before the beginning of the season.
I understand that he is eligible to win the overall rising star award for 2018, I'm only stating that he cannot be nominated as a rising star (again) as that was done last year!
I've never heard of or seen a player being nominated twice before...
Happy to be proven wrong

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I understand that he is eligible to win the overall rising star award for 2018, I'm only stating that he cannot be nominated as a rising star (again) as that was done last year!
Happy to be proven wrong
Its permitted

Happy to be proven wrong
It is just very rare for it to happen.

Route57

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Call me a sour lemon, but if Clarke is racking up those numbers and seem's to make his way to every single contest a long the wing. How much more reliance will we have on Gibson? It's a shame that both of them don't have more elite attributes or skills to their game.

Back