Past #13: Ryan Clarke - officially traded to Sydney in exchange for #61 in 2018 ND - thanks Clarkey

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year.
You have to be nominated in the current year to be eligible for the award. You can be nominated in multiple years as long as you fit the criteria for nomination regarding games played and age.

You have to be nominated in the current year to be eligible for the award. You can be nominated in multiple years as long as you fit the criteria for nomination regarding games played and age.
Yes, I know that he has to get a fresh nomination for this year.

It would be nice to finally get a RS, instead of the charity RS nominations they give the blues.

Lets opposition players run through him far too easily. Really needs to tighten up his defensive side.

That's the negative, the positive is he's a bloody hard runner, knows how to find the footy, and i think will be quality.

Think we have a steal at his draft pick, said that for a while.

31 possesions good on him, he knows how to find it and will get better with experience. Needs to work on his game for sure but when was the last time we had a 20 gamer with 30d.

We have lacked natural accumulators for a while.

Clarke from his draft year showed that type.

He mightn't become Cousins quality sure, but he shows very similar qualities.

Excellent recruiting.

We have lacked natural accumulaters for a while.

Clarke from his draft year showed that.

He mightn't become Cousins quality sure, but he shows very similar qualities.
Yeah true for a long time and i'm willing to cut the kid some slack that can find the ball regardless of mistakes,considering we have senior players still making basic mistakes.

If/When he becomes a 50+ game player then I'll judge him abit harder.

Last edited:
Lets opposition players run through him far too easily. Really needs to tighten up his defensive side.

That's the negative, the positive is he's a bloody hard runner, knows how to find the footy, and i think will be quality.

Think we have a steal at his draft pick, said that for a while.
Like most of our mids, however, lacks that burst speed unless, of course, that's just my perspective based on watching his inability to accelerate to tackle.

I was one of the few who was hoping we'd pick him in the draft, and glad we did. Also happy with the promise he showed last year. So, while I continue to be impressed with his linking and accumulating work, it's also clear he's got some stuff to work on.

Like most of our mids, however, lacks that burst speed unless, of course, that's just my perspective based on watching his inability to accelerate to tackle.

I was one of the few who was hoping we'd pick him in the draft, and glad we did. Also happy with the promise he showed last year. So, while I continue to be impressed with his linking and accumulating work, it's also clear he's got some stuff to work on.

Yes Kimbo i agree he can't accelerate like the best. At junior level could but AFL much faster as we know.

He annoyed me a few times when far too meek (for a shinboner) defensively, so yeah reckon on same page about that but really happy with selection as he's quality (imo) but yep, work to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has hopefully convinced everyone what he brings to the table now.

Biggest issue is that he has had 0 tackles in four of his last five games, but he is building really nicely. Absolute lock for a rising star nom this week.

Loved his game today . looked assured & balanced in the contest , was able get out of traffic a few times with a quick step & hit targets . Very nice Clarkey .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back