#13 - Taylor Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought agility was one of Walkers strengths

Me too. For mine I think its more a case of him not being terribly quick off the mark and just pace in general, which could be what he's refering too(never comes across as the sharpest tool in the shed:eek:) just watch his goal against Fremantle, you can't tell me he doesn't have great agility.:eek:

Not really. His ability to read the play quicker than his opponents might give the impression that he can slip out of situations like some slippery plyers also can, but it's not because of his agility. In particular, he doesn't change directions quickly at all.

Yeah perhaps thats it. I've certainly played footy with one or two blokes (who should have played AFL but didn't), who despite being old, fat and unable to jog a lap of the oval, could still turn fit, quick, agile 18-20 somethings in circles out on the footy field, just through a vastly superior ability to read the play and an innate knowledge of where to run.

We have Walker's screening results somewhere in the archives on here from when he first rocked up to the club. Can't really remember any of them aside from his 20m sprint being, I think, 3.24 seconds. I'll dig them up.

EDIT: In fact they're in this topic :p

Height: 191.5cm
Weight: 86.4kg
Veritcal Jump: 60cm
Running VJump R: 79cm
Running VJump L: 82cm
5m: 1.17s
10m: 1.92s
20m: 3.21s
Agility: 8.81s
Beep Test: 14.0

So yeah, his agility at 8.81...not really sure how it compares to your average KPP but the slowest of the top 10 from this year's camp came in at 8.20, so I mean, you'd think at best it's pretty ho hum.

Being a laid back country type whose weaknesses include(d) chasing and overall work rate it's probably safe to assume there was some pretty fair room for improvement to just about all areas of his conditioning. Would be interested to know what he's clocking these days.

Probably worth mentioning that the 10th ranked beep test result at the 2008 draft camp was Tom Swift, equal with Tom Lynch at 14.1. So Tex at 14.0 looks to be a pretty damn good effort.

Dno what you guys think of having an arrogant forward, but Taylor is exactly this.

I mean Buddy, Fev, Lloyd, Dunstall, Brereton etc were all arrogant people.

Well, Taylor is a very arrogant young kid. He said to a guy I know at the weekend who plays for Sturt:

TW: 'Do you know who I am???'
Dude I know from Sturt: 'No mate...'
TW: 'You will soon'

Personally I'm not the kind of guy who goes around saying this sort of thing, but I do believe the pure arrogance is a massive ingredient in most good forwards. I enjoy this in Taylor.

Lol this thread is a brilliant read, I suggest you lot go through it when your bored!

I can elaborate on what Johnny Reid meant.

opu42a.jpg

CC Photoshops FTW.

Bring the Mullet back Tex!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it deserved it's own thread, but listening to the rush hour yesterday, apparently despite not being the brightest spark Tex is pretty smart when it comes to money, and this is the best part, He's just bought his own house here :)

Not sure if it deserved it's own thread, but listening to the rush hour yesterday, apparently despite not being the brightest spark Tex is pretty smart when it comes to money, and this is the best part, He's just bought his own house here :)

For his long term financial future, this is great but overall means very little to him staying or going.

I own a home on the cental coast of NSW but am not going to move their, so owning a home in Adelaide won't mean much with rentral properties being in high demand.

For his long term financial future, this is great but overall means very little to him staying or going.

I own a home on the cental coast of NSW but am not going to move their, so owning a home in Adelaide won't mean much with rentral properties being in high demand.

Good point, thats part of the reason why i didnt start a new thread for it, because it may not mean much. Although i hope it does mean hes planning to stay

Hoping there will be another installment of Stabby's awesome Walker goalfest vids soon...

This may be a hint as to how much I've missed them in Walker's absence.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Tex Walker:
Played predominantly out of FF all day. Still loves to point and yell about where everyone should be standing, still giving free advice on how to kick goals from 20m out dead in front. The guys he gives advice to are still missing (Kerridge in this instance).

Has introduced a pack spoiling element to his game. 4 or 5 times over the two games he went up into a pack with a defensive one fist spoil action. Very deliberate and happened enough times for me to feel comfortable saying its an expected action. Like it. Those efforts combined with, Tips exceptional contests at CHF, will create alot of crumbing opportunities this year - the timing of the players hitting the pack will improve and hopefully will bear fruit.

Kicked the goals he should have.

Some reasonable tackling efforts and bumps - still a bit clumsy on the bump execution, gave away a free with one. Still not a natural thing for him.

Couple of appalling dropped marks in the first game that made you wonder if he was switched on.. happy to chalk it up to rust and gastro at the moment.

Very clean with hands in gathering off the ground and gave some very useful, damaging handballs.

Overall stats for the 2 games:

K:3

H:2

M:1

T:2

G:2.0

Touches all effective and probably should have at least another mark,kick,goal if he hadn't been so lackadaisical at the footy a few times in the blues game.

Thanks mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back