Current 13 yo Jayme Closs abducted after her parents were murdered - Found alive

Remove this Banner Ad

I hesitated before posting this thread last year thinking it was going to be one of those horribly depressing stories where Jayme probably would never be found alive. Really happy to be wrong about this.

Jayme went missing on Oct. 15, after law enforcement said she was present in the house the day her parents—James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46—were murdered in their Barron, Wisconsin home, 80 miles outside of Minneapolis. The door had been kicked in and several shots were fired, all while police believe Jayme was inside.

Accusations that 13 yo Jayme was involved in her parents murder have raged since October even though the police determined fairly quickly that she wasn't.

A strange false sighting came shortly after her disappearance in Miami, Florida. Surveillance footage showed a teenage girl in the front passenger seat of a black SUV with a man.

Miami Police shared the video and the Barron County Sheriff investigated. They determined it was not Jayme in the video.

As the search continued, as many as 2,000 volunteers showed up to help look for Jayme in October days after her disappearance.
The FBI announces a $25,000 reward for information, followed by a $50,000 reward two days later. Jayme was also placed on the FBI’s top missing persons list in October.

The home of Jayme Closs was burglarized the weekend of the funeral.

32-year-old Kyle Jaenke-Annis allegedly broke into the Closs home and stole Jayme’s clothing. (Disrespectful pig actually stole her underwear!) He was charged with burglary, but was ruled out as a suspect in the murders and Jayme’s disappearance.

By November, the ground search was scaled back as the number of tips to investigate had declined, but Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald remained hopeful Jayme would be found.

The FBI examined more than 80 surveillance videos collected from businesses and other locations as the FBI and law enforcement continued to search for Jayme.

https://www.tmj4.com/the-disappearance-of-jayme-closs-a-timeline-of-events

Jayme has been missing for 87 days.

Today she found help about seventy miles from her house on a small residential estate, walking along the road looking dirty, emaciated with matted hair and wearing shoes that were too big for her. She'd escaped her captor.

The police didn't find her. She saved herself.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46833289
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-11/jayme-closs-found-alive-suspect-in-custody/10709268

For anyone who's child has been abducted, there is hope.

jayme2.jpg

I cant shake this feeling that she was in a relationship with her kidnapper. I think I've watched too much forensic files. Where a girl finds an older boyfriend but the parents disapprove, so the boy comes and murders the parents and takes her away. She might have been living freely with said boy until one day she's had enough and decides to leave and/or wants to confess, so the boy holds her against her will until she manages to escape. I think had a stranger or a stalker kidnapped her should would be in a much worse state than she was when she was found. A woman walking her dog supposedly saw her running screaming she had been kidnapped. But there was nothing physically wrong with her. And the woman thought it was weird how calm she was.

I cant shake this feeling that she was in a relationship with her kidnapper. I think I've watched too much forensic files. Where a girl finds an older boyfriend but the parents disapprove, so the boy comes and murders the parents and takes her away. She might have been living freely with said boy until one day she's had enough and decides to leave and/or wants to confess, so the boy holds her against her will until she manages to escape. I think had a stranger or a stalker kidnapped her should would be in a much worse state than she was when she was found. A woman walking her dog supposedly saw her running screaming she had been kidnapped. But there was nothing physically wrong with her. And the woman thought it was weird how calm she was.

There might be a lot more to the story yet, probably hear more over the next few days. There was nothing in her social media engagements to indicate she might have been seeing an older guy but it will be interesting to find out how he pegged her if there was no prior contact. It's so intense to murder a girls parents and there to be no clues as to why.

I had some conflicting information, she was found about seventy miles away in a cabin, 21 year old guy seems to be correct though. He was arrested within minutes of the police talking to her apparently.

There might be a lot more to the story yet, probably hear more over the next few days. There was nothing in her social media engagements to indicate she might have been seeing an older guy but it will be interesting to find out how he pegged her if there was no prior contact. It's so intense to murder a girls parents and there to be no clues as to why.

I had some conflicting information, she was found about seventy miles away in a cabin, 21 year old guy seems to be correct though. He was arrested within minutes of the police talking to her apparently.
I read on Websluths a week or so ago that the police found a tablet hidden in her bedroom, police at the time had ruled out a secret boyfriend and I know having a hidden tablet meant she could have been talking to friends or watching pr0n without her parents knowing, but she could have been communicating with another boy on there too. I'm probably wrong. But it was my first thought when they found her.

I read on Websluths a week or so ago that the police found a tablet hidden in her bedroom, police at the time had ruled out a secret boyfriend and I know having a hidden tablet meant she could have been talking to friends or watching pr0n without her parents knowing, but she could have been communicating with another boy on there too. I'm probably wrong. But it was my first thought when they found her.

The FBI was involved in the investigation, if there was a guy she might have been talking to secretly wouldn't they have been able to track him down?

I guess she didnt have to be in a relationship with said boy. But she probably spoke enough with him for him to feel infatuated with her.

Ohh okay yeah I get that. It's so violent and tragic but really interesting how he had her for 87 days and they appeared to have no clue of where she was.

Surreal that he went from no record to double murder and kidnap. Quite a big leap.

Hard to believe isn't it?

Listening to the presser at 3.00am so tedious, speech after speech of self congratulations. They might never have found her if she hadn't got out herself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Jayme's facebook and instagram pages were very open to the public. It wouldn't surprise me if this creep suspect came across her and just became infatuated. He probably learned where she lived from these accounts too. A good example why you should always lock down your social media accounts.

Apparently Jayme's facebook and instagram pages were very open to the public. It wouldn't surprise me if this creep suspect came across her and just became infatuated. He probably learned where she lived from these accounts too. A good example why you should always lock down your social media accounts.

If they aren't already, schools should be teaching social media safety to kids at a very young age. It's loss of innocence type stuff but social media isn't going anywhere and is the new norm so kids need to be taught how to be safest with it. I personally never understand why anybody has their accounts open to the public (I mean, I know many people are addicted to having ever-increasing amounts of friends/followers, no matter who they may be - just isn't an inclination I have) given how vulnerable it makes you.

Obviously I have no idea if social media vulnerability was part of this case and it's obviously not Jayme's fault even if it did - but the post I quoted did get me wondering if schools (sadly it would have to be primary) are teaching social media safety in class - perhaps posters with littl'ns would know?

He's in court about 9.00am our time, we might get a bit more information then. So far, it seems investigators haven't even worked out how he found her. He has no internet apparently but he must have spotted her somewhere, been watching their movements and the house.

Maybe he has a throw away phone with internet access hidden somewhere.

The predator that was doing the same as his brother. Did they live together? Any drug use?

If they aren't already, schools should be teaching social media safety to kids at a very young age. It's loss of innocence type stuff but social media isn't going anywhere and is the new norm so kids need to be taught how to be safest with it. I personally never understand why anybody has their accounts open to the public (I mean, I know many people are addicted to having ever-increasing amounts of friends/followers, no matter who they may be - just isn't an inclination I have) given how vulnerable it makes you.

Obviously I have no idea if social media vulnerability was part of this case and it's obviously not Jayme's fault even if it did - but the post I quoted did get me wondering if schools (sadly it would have to be primary) are teaching social media safety in class - perhaps posters with littl'ns would know?

From what I have heard, there is a bit of education already, school dependent. Some private schools have a policy of friends as well so they can keep a track on the students. Been a few students expelled for lewd images.

This is probably why many young kids have gone into encrypted communication apps.

It is becoming increasingly common to educate on internet safety in primary schools. My child at a private school has had quite a few sessions on it and it is reinforced by teachers in day to day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back