Player Watch #14: Bachar Houli - Retiring at the end of 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

He said on the ch7 news tonight he "felt a slight twinge with 3 minutes remaining, it's probably nothing but will have a scan today"
I saw him pull up in the last quarter, it certainly looked like cramp as he "ran it off" and didn't go to the bench.

You would rarely see that if it was a hammy.

Would've been good if there was a bit more on the severity. ie how many weeks is it looking like.

Hardwick said could have played this week if really needed but would prefer to give him the week off

Weather that turns into 2-3 we will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bachar and Caddy would’ve made a significant difference. Not fifty points or whatever it was but at least we would’ve looked somewhat functional.

If we finish top 4. Could Bachar be our only AA. Dusty would have a run at it but I feel there have been better midfielders in the competition this year. Bachar for his position has been outstanding this year, regularly makes the back flank position on team of the week. I don't watch other team's backline players closely enough to know who he is up against for a flank spot. Can anyone tell me who he is up against for the spot this year? Attacking back flanker.

If we finish top 4. Could Bachar be our only AA. Dusty would have a run at it but I feel there have been better midfielders in the competition this year. Bachar for his position has been outstanding this year, regularly makes the back flank position on team of the week. I don't watch other team's backline players closely enough to know who he is up against for a flank spot. Can anyone tell me who he is up against for the spot this year? Attacking back flanker.

His biggest threats for the All Australian position are clearly Sydney Stack and Shane Edwards.

I think he’s been up and down this year and bc of his lack of consistency he’s nowhere near AA. His season has been serviceable, but not outstanding enough to be an AA candidate.
Interesting, I would have suggested he has been quite consistent, but early on he was playing interrupted i guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back