Player Watch #14: Bachar Houli - Retiring at the end of 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Super game from Bachar people keep saying his not best 22, but big game player always super important.
People actually say that ?? Wtf hahah , they are nuts. He is still our best hbf . Those people are cooked. As you said he lifts for big games. He is a must have and you play him til his form declines which in fact it has kept improving almost every year :0

Could he be a kade Simpson type ?

Write this bloke off at your peril.
His run and carry along with his footy smarts and ability to still hit a target make him an automatic selection.
An absolute gem.

Last edited:
Got this from my local kebab man.Habib (Bloos supporter)who goes fishing with Houli.
Bachar will play on next year.
Oh and if it was up to him he'd get rid of Cripps.(listened with a smirk on my face.lol).

Was anyone genuinely writing this bloke off? I hope not.

For any that were, one, this guy has at LEAST another year in him, super important player, but two, *, this group has delivered us absolute joy the past 36 months, I don't care if we win more flags or not in the near future, these players have earned the right to leave on their own terms. I'll back them as long as they wanna play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Bombers are trying to get Bachar back. Is this insurance in case Saad the Saab crosses over to us ?

Listening to Dodoro try to change history and scoff down huge icing covered mouthfuls of humble pie and spilling it all over himself is positively unbecoming.

So the Bombers are trying to get Bachar back. Is this insurance in case Saad the Saab crosses over to us ?

Listening to Dodoro try to change history and scoff down huge icing covered mouthfuls of humble pie and spilling it all over himself is positively unbecoming.

I don’t think Bash would go back to that rabble ... would he?

I think behind the scenes were trying to get Saad here as a like for like replacement. I also think he'd be keen to come. They're close mates.

Is this the changes to the backline T71 was talking about? I highly doubt Bachar would go back, but we may not see a spot for him next year because we can't keep denying our young talent games.

Can't imagine Bachar going unless it's a selfless act. Like if it will benefit RFC (young player development etc). Also giving him really great $$$ to take him into retirement. Will always be a dual Tiger premiership player, nothing will change that...

Also he wouldn't do anything to endanger the BH Foundation at the club. So he would only go with the clubs full agreement & blessing, but I'm just guessing tbh....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back