Senior 14. Connor O'Sullivan (2023-)

Remove this Banner Ad

With Pick 8 in the 2023 National Draft Geelong have selected:

Connor O'Sullivan.

KPD.

GO Catters

Last edited:

How cute was it when his bestie was the very next pick and a bolter at that too. His interview was very impressive. He'll fit in well with the culture.

How sweet to see Joel give him 14. Sels is just magic in everything he does. There's already something about his lad. Can't wait to see his career unfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God our social media needs to stop trying to impress 'Gen Z'.

I'm in that generation, and even I cringe at the words and phrases they're coming up with every few months.

On COS, happy enough with the pick. Looks like he'll at the very least be a very good player, just has that low bust factor about him.

SDK, Henry & COS, we're set for 10-15 years down back.

FMD - look at his athletic profile - strength won't be an issue with his frame and a 6:11 for a 2km is amazing for a guy his size :eek:
What kind of utility player do we have on our list who played as a KPD and then rotated to a mid who is coming to the end of his career in the next few years that we require a replacement for?

So a KD who has 'defensive accountability' listed as an area in need of improvement?
I won't lie, it's a little concern...but you could say the same about Tom Stewart, Darcy Moore, Alex Rance, James Sicily, Jeremy McGovern...the list goes on.

They might leak a few goals, but they're going to set a few up themselves by being offensive out of the back half.

You take the good with the bad with those players, because you're coming out ahead on the ledger most of the time.

We've seen over the years firsthand with Tommy, that he might cost us 4 goals...and still be the best player on the ground.

If we want a bloke who can just stand next to his man all day and blanket him, but offer SFA outside of that, then we'll pick someone up in the rookie draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back