Senior 14. Connor O'Sullivan (2023-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny I thought of "BB" when I watched his post selection meet and greets after he was called, fantastic country kid just ready to learn with a massive amount of upside I believe, just an awesome selection. Well done Wells/Mackie.

I reckon he take #7...

Presenting the medal to HT in 2011, being a tall defender himself....
No disrespect to Sel....

The omen is the #7

GO Catters

I reckon he take #7...

No disrespect to Sel....

The omen is the #7

GO Catters
Didn't they already assign him #14?

I reckon he take #7...

No disrespect to Sel....

The omen is the #7

GO Catters
I think it's an opportunity to change the expectations on the number 14. If you give it to a mid you're adding some serious expectations. Give it to a key then they'll never be given the se expectations

His press conference was impressive. Seems to be a really good lad. Already looks well built across the chest and arms. Could slot straight in.

Also glad we look him over Caddy. Looks a lot more versatile. Plus he doesn't have the name Caddy.
Yeah Josh did burn the bridges for family a bit

I think it's an opportunity to change the expectations on the number 14. If you give it to a mid you're adding some serious expectations. Give it to a key then they'll never be given the se expectations
Is it just me or are others also finding out in this thread that the joel selwood wore the number 14? i never really noticed what number he wore.

sure there are players you associate with numbers. Bartel 3. Ablett 29. enright 44. But for me selwood just never was one. If you said geelong 14 the first person who would come to mind was darren flanagan. :drunk: If someone asked me selwoods number i probably would guess 4 or 1.

i.e what im saying is I dont think there is any pressure on number 14 being selwoods number.

Is it just me or are others also finding out in this thread that the joel selwood wore the number 14? i never really noticed what number he wore.

sure there are players you associate with numbers. Bartel 3. Ablett 29. enright 44. But for me selwood just never was one. If you said geelong 14 the first person who would come to mind was darren flanagan. :drunk: If someone asked me selwoods number i probably would guess 4 or 1.

i.e what im saying is I dont think there is any pressure on number 14 being selwoods number.

Just you I think 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon POV 🤮🤮🤮 of the live trade if anyone's interested in how this stuff goes down. Looks like it really was spur of the moment from their side of things based on them thinking it was Curtin or Caddy for us.

Insightful.

Question for mine is do Essendon have those plans in place for what eventuated and did Geelong have a priority list of potential trades at hand.

It wouldn't surprise if it was just spur of the moment but I'd prefer from a Geelong point of view that we'd have our ducks in a row first.

Insightful.

Question for mine is do Essendon have those plans in place for what eventuated and did Geelong have a priority list of potential trades at hand.

It wouldn't surprise if it was just spur of the moment but I'd prefer from a Geelong point of view that we'd have our ducks in a row first.

I think you need to have a few general principles that allow you to make quick decisions should unexpected opportunities occur.

I really like that trade back one to get a 2nd rounder trade. The later in the draft you are the shorter the marginal value of being one step higher in the draft. Richmond generated a few free future 3rd rounders by taking advantage of other clubs overvaluing being a couple picks ahead.

Essendon POV 🤮🤮🤮 of the live trade if anyone's interested in how this stuff goes down. Looks like it really was spur of the moment from their side of things based on them thinking it was Curtin or Caddy for us.

In fairness, they might have been correct about thinking it was Curtin or Caddy for us. Caddy does make sense on paper for us.

If Essendon did sway us with pick 31, and we really were going to draft Caddy, we would never say it publicly.

I love your satire.

Bit early to be Brahms and List Seeds ;)

In fairness, they might have been correct about thinking it was Curtin or Caddy for us. Caddy does make sense on paper for us.

If Essendon did sway us with pick 31, and we really were going to draft Caddy, we would never say it publicly.
Yep, and I guess it does pay to keep your cards close to your chest - hypothetically if Essendon knew for a fact that we were dead set on O'Sullivan they'd have no reason to make a trade. I'd love to hear the chat that went on in our box just after Dodds made that call.

Yep, and I guess it does pay to keep your cards close to your chest - hypothetically if Essendon knew for a fact that we were dead set on O'Sullivan they'd have no reason to make a trade. I'd love to hear the chat that went on in our box just after Dodds made that call.

"Yeah just give us a sec"

Celebrate Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel

Jokes aside in sure opinions were split and that's why we don't do footage like that generally. You don't want the kids to think that a certain coach didn't want you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back