14 days quarantine, but you can only take 3 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Let's be topical!

Hypothetical for some, reality for others. You've just been informed that you are being forced into 14 days quarantine, but you can only take 3 games with you. What do you prioritise, new or backlog? What if your internet goes down and you can't play online? Platform irrelevant.

Me:
  • Destiny 2 so I can keep playing with my dudes (even though the new season is a new low for the game)
  • Unity of Command 2 because it's a recent release and keeps my brain going
  • I was initially going to put Nioh 2 because I just got it, but it might make me rage. So Persona 5 because it's relaxing and I've been meaning to play it again for some time.

cool idea. the first i thought of were Xenoblade Chronicles as that is an RPG that gets a lot of things right in my view. looks like s**t nowadays but if you play it on a CRT and pretend it was made in 2002 it's amazing. also Super Smash Bros. Melee for competitive thrills and then probably GTA 5 on PC to mod the s**t out of it

The Division 2 - Only got into this last month when it was on sale, but have been smashing it ever since. Now into endgame territory and having just bought Warlords of NY I feel like I could still get tons out of this in 2 weeks. Otherwise, starting from scratch would be fine too.

The Witcher 3: GOTY Edition - This is one I wish someone could extract the "Witcher 3" first time run out of my brain so I have only new memories of this game. But this is easily 100-200 hours worth of gaming I'd happily stay in quarantine for longer than 2 weeks for.

NBA 2K20 or FIFA 20 - Sports games don't get old really, they're always offering something different gameplay wise. So this is a simple staple.

Star Wars Fallen Order (because I just got it)
Lego Super Heroes 2 (my 4 year old son is obsessed with it, so looks like we will be playing a lot of it)
Madden 20 (because I need something to just mash buttons and not think. Plus replay ability is pretty high)

World of Tanks (games are short for when my attention span is lagging and I can grind my way up the levels)
No Man's Sky (for when you want something that goes on forever)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (because I need to set aside time to finish the bloody thing)

Final Fantasy XIV - I've been playing this a bit recently and am starting to get a into it. Could probably get me through on its own.
The Witcher 3 - I played about 6-8 hours and was struggling to get into it but want to give it another whirl.
Neir Automata - I'm taking a break from it atm but would like to get back and finish the other story routes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One train of thought is something like replaying Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.

Another is taking stuff with online multiplayer to keep me busy (if internet is available), so something like Battlefront 2, Rocket League, Battlefield V

Or could just work through my backlog of things that need time I don't have. Like GT Sport, Batman The Enemy Within, and any PS Plus title I haven't got around to yet like Hitman or Heavy Rain or something. Or RDR2 to go through all the side quests I avoided like the plague.

Or the workaround, take my N64 and my EverDrive cartridge and smash through all the N64 games I never actually played/finished. Super Mario 64, Blast Corps, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark, etc.

Last edited:
1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Just got it last week, finding the boss fights way harder than Bloodborne. It's going to take me 14 straight days just to beat Guardian Ape.

2. NBA 2k20
No more NBA, this is the closest thing. Will take it with just to unravel the stress of Sekiro.

3. Mad Max
Still haven't finished it, and it seems really relevant to right now.

One train of thought is something like replaying Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.

Another is taking stuff with online multiplayer to keep me busy (if internet is available), so something like Battlefront 2, Rocket League, Battlefield V

Or could just work through my backlog of things that need time I don't have. Like GT Sport, Batman The Enemy Within, and any PS Plus title I haven't got around to yet like Hitman or Heavy Rain or something.

Or the workaround, take my N64 and my EverDrive cartridge and smash through all the N64 games I never actually played/finished. Super Mario 64, Blast Corps, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark, etc.
Recommend shadow man for a good n64 game that's slightly off the beaten path...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back