Retired 14. Joel Selwood (2007-2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood will be stoked, being a Geelong supporter and his family will also be really happy as it means he'll be staying in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

91027919.jpg

91031744.jpg

GEECAT , you must be super happy.You named him early got the one you wanted.

For those who doubt , dont. Even though he is not a speed machine he has other aspects of his game which will make us a quicker side. We have been an appauling clearance side , for mine its as much ruck as anything but this kid will get the ball out in a similar method to any great clearance player you care to mention. He will make our on ball division classier by the setup him gives them. The other aspect that , Im sure GFC also took into account was a percieved and actual lack of leader mentality. We have good footballers , even better than good but with this kid we picked up a leader , he has the leader mindset that could make him Voss like. The only querry was his knee (Carlidge issue) and the experts say this is OK , so until this is proven otherwize I will believe.

Put it this way Shifter Shehan on the radio the other night had him at P2 , he said in his opinion that although Marc Murphy was super, JS was probably better. Geecat could probably add more. My issue with going for a mid was us missing out on a player that would be much harder to get at a later date , a tall and if Thorp was there maybe we would have gone for him but with Selwood we have player that was rated just as good as any mid in the last few years.He is not a kid you would normally get with P7 We have a kid that could have gone #1 if he had played this year. WIN , WIN , WIN !!!!

Geecat , can you add anything?

Joel wants to join Adam, How dare you stop him achieving his dream :)

Good luck to the kid he can really play the game most clubs had him rated as top 3 apart from the knees,to put it bluntly Essendon were considering for pick two untill they saw the scans. That is the worry. On the plus we have the best two players from the under 16 and 18 champs from what is considered a vintage crop.

I do believe i was the first on bigfooty to say that Boak (about a month ago when he was rated a 2nd3rd rounder by most) would go before Selwood. Real shame we missed the local but good luck to Joel none the less.

"He's had his knee injuries and a lot of people have spoken about that, but it's not serious. It's just a bit of cartilage damage. He had some cartilage screwed back onto the bone and then it came away again. Sometimes that happens, so they've taken the cartilage out. He should be fine."

:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back