AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Execution was a tad off but his decision making was great today. Calm, composed and a cool head amongst a core group of fellow youngsters showed what a bargain he may turn out to be.

Did find it 29, add in the 7 marks and he showcased his offensive wares. Another medium sized defender to add into that similar group of guys we have building.

Yep and he had a quieter game, i dont think he made a single mistake with his possessions though.

Did use the ball well but struggle defensively and above head where he was beaten in 1v1s.

Thought that it emphasised that he's behind Francis, which is no surprise and certainly no disgrace.

The advantage Ridley has is he fits in better with Hurley and Hooker than Francis does. Francis needs to absolutely demand a spot to get in as the 3rd tall. Ridley can just play the rebounding tall rebounding half back flanker role or he can play on a 3rd tall type. Francis's lack of endurance hurts him because most 3rd talls at AFL level have bloody good endurance.

Doubt many people care but not being named in the squad he and Mutch are officially eligible for VFL finals.

The advantage Ridley has is he fits in better with Hurley and Hooker than Francis does. Francis needs to absolutely demand a spot to get in as the 3rd tall. Ridley can just play the rebounding tall rebounding half back flanker role or he can play on a 3rd tall type. Francis's lack of endurance hurts him because most 3rd talls at AFL level have bloody good endurance.

I'm not sure that Ridley has displayed any superior athleticism or endurance.

Any updates on Riddles re: moon boot? Whatever it was obviously happened early as he only had 2 touches for the game. Either way ******* shithouse as a moon boot slapped on that early means it's pretty much a certainty to end his season.
Have seen them as a precaution only before. May not be season over.

Whenever I hear of a player hurting their foot, I fear the worse. Hopefully it doesnt impede his preseason and he can set himself for a big 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why is this kid stuck on the 3rd page of our board?

Kid is made for AFL football. Brilliant today. Composed. Calm under pressure. Used it well. Cannot wait to see him develop into an AFL player as he seems good enough for it already.
Plays 23 barring injury next year Yoda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back