AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plays 23 barring injury next year Yoda.

It's hard to see him playing much VFL next year.

I'm looking forward to what an uninterrupted pre-season holds in store.

There is a substantial untapped physical component to his development. He looks like he can carry KPP weight and also looks to have good old fashioned closing speed. It's hard to tell how quick he is because he lopes but I'm often surprised that he closes a gap on the lead or when he runs a player down. I think he might genuinely be able to play small like Dylan Grimes, for example.

The only thing that might hold him back is some re-training because I can see Ridley playing on a wing and even in the middle (and we have more tall defenders than we can use).

I'm still as excited about Ridley as I am about Francis.

Last edited:
Along with Redman and Francis he is far too talented to be wasted in the reserves for much longer. All 3 are genuinely flexible so I don’t care how they fit in just get them in the side and keep them there
We have 8 defenders for 7 spots. Those three, Hurley, Hooker, Gleeson, Saad, McKenna. Maybe Conor plays midfield?

why is this kid stuck on the 3rd page of our board?

Kid is made for AFL football. Brilliant today. Composed. Calm under pressure. Used it well. Cannot wait to see him develop into an AFL player as he seems good enough for it already.

I’ve seen enough. Not really a lot to talk about as long as he continues to be composed silk.

He reminds me of Michael Johnson in his prime but obviously without the being a disgusting person part

I’ve seen enough. Not really a lot to talk about as long as he continues to be composed silk.

He reminds me of Michael Johnson in his prime but obviously without the being a disgusting person part
I'm getting an Andrew Mackie vibe from him.

McKenna can play on a wing, sure, but I think he's more valuable streaking off half back, particularly when you consider he's also an outstanding 1 on 1 defender as well
He gets in a position to pass it to our forwards anyway.

Imagine if he had the tank to play on a wing, but also be an extra defender, and also deliver it into the forwardline!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting an Andrew Mackie vibe from him.

You'd want to explain yourself before this gets taken to the Delusional Pearlers thread, what with comparing someone who's played 1 good and 2 ordinary games of AFL footy to an All Australian 280 game 3 x premiership player.

You'd want to explain yourself before this gets taken to the Delusional Pearlers thread, what with comparing someone who's played 1 good and 2 ordinary games of AFL footy to an All Australian 280 game 3 x premiership player.
:D. Fair call...

For me there's 3 spots for Gleeson, Ridley, Francis and Redman.
Realistically, it will be rare to have all 4 fit at the same time given their respective histories.
No need to move anyone to a wing, they'll probably just rotate through rehab instead.
If they're actually ever all fit, it can be a perfect opportunity to give one of them a rest, both Francis and Ridley at a minimum will need to be managed at stages next season.

Last edited:
For me there's 3 spots for Gleeson, Ridley, Francis and Redman.
Realistically, it will be rare to have all 4 fit at the same time given their respective histories.
No need to move anyone to a wing, they'll probably just rotate through rehab instead.
If they're actually ever all fit, it can be a perfect opportunity to give one of them a rest, both Francis and Ridley at a minimum will need to be managed at stages next season.
Lots of hospitals and rehab facilities have wings..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back