AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dare say this would be an indicator we have no plans to bring in any high priced recruits this year; deal would be heavily front loaded in to 2022 I’m guessing.

Is Mcgrath a certainty to be the next captain or will this guy have a say?

I know i see plenty of photos and vision of Mcgrath directing and communicating whereas Rids seems a little more laid back and a listener rather than a talker. Just an external view, might be wrong

This guy leads as well as any with his on field and off field actions

7.48 for 60m is quite decent. Probably done on grass aswell? Not track in spikes

Is Mcgrath a certainty to be the next captain or will this guy have a say?

I know i see plenty of photos and vision of Mcgrath directing and communicating whereas Rids seems a little more laid back and a listener rather than a talker. Just an external view, might be wrong

This guy leads as well as any with his on field and off field actions

7.48 for 60m is quite decent. Probably done on grass aswell? Not track in spikes
Zerett says hi

That Instagram account has video of them on the track, so I'd assume it's timed there. No idea as to spikes, though unless they've got a track background that likely wouldn't drastically assist them anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh ok not bad. Spikes over joggers would definitely help

If you don't have the right mechanics spikes aren't overly useful, over 60m you need to be wearing sprint spikes and that requires sprinter mechanics.

McGrath has a 100m background so would probably be fine, I wouldn't think it's a great plan for Ridley

Reckon it's between Ridley and Stringer for the race to finish 2022 as our best and most important player.

Of the current crop of players I really only see Stringer, Ridley, Merrett and possibly Redman as being among the top few players for a position in the league next year.

In terms of the impact of each performance on a result Stringer and the combination of 2020 and 2021 Ridley are really stand alone. It feels like Draper is still a seasons away from putting it all together - before he could start to challenge the likes of Gawn (which I think he can do).

Reckon it's between Ridley and Stringer for the race to finish 2022 as our best and most important player.

Of the current crop of players I really only see Stringer, Ridley, Merrett and possibly Redman as being among the top few players for a position in the league next year.

In terms of the impact of each performance on a result Stringer and the combination of 2020 and 2021 Ridley are really stand alone. It feels like Draper is still a seasons away from putting it all together - before he could start to challenge the likes of Gawn (which I think he can do).
Parish was there abouts this season. No reason he can't do it again.

Stringers already the best/most important player for us. Ridleys already very close it depends how your rate a defender vs accumulating mids (Parish and Z.Merrett). Some might already have him top 2.

Redmans no where near

To the point where you see them as succeeding only because they are playing a midfield role, and don’t actually recognise their value or skill.

You can spin it however you want because ultimately I don't see their value and wouldn't pick any in a side but what you've posted isn't accurate.

Give me an example.

Ohhh, I thought you were joking that you didn't rate Parish and Merrett.

I rate Merrett but he has also sucked (relative to what he is capable of) for 2 years - 2021 was a build on his 2017. I don't rate Parish and Heppell is the other one.

I never said they couldn't play which is what I think was being said in the post I responded to. And contrary to some view that it is personal. I've been pretty consistent on midfield possessions for a long time now (I'd say probably since 2018).

Obviously there is a skill to racking up possessions that not everyone is capable of. I think, as a skill, its largely overrated and doesn't really have any bearing on a game. I also think the same thing of the intercept defenders. The obsession the industry has with these types of players is largely based on time (in the middle) and positioning (at half back where the zone up the ground is funnelling the long kick).

I rate Merrett but he has also sucked (relative to what he is capable of) for 2 years - 2021 was a build on his 2017. I don't rate Parish and Heppell is the other one.

I never said they couldn't play which is what I think was being said in the post I responded to. And contrary to some view that it is personal. I've been pretty consistent on midfield possessions for a long time now (I'd say probably since 2018).

Obviously there is a skill to racking up possessions that not everyone is capable of. I think, as a skill, its largely overrated and doesn't really have any bearing on a game. I also think the same thing of the intercept defenders. The obsession the industry has with these types of players is largely based on time (in the middle) and positioning (at half back where the zone up the ground is funnelling the long kick).
Did you rate Parish before he started racking up possessions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back