AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Worsfold Q&A
IMG_3837.PNG
From what I noticed from Ridley when watching him play last year despite his size he hits packs hard and rarely got knocked of the ball, he could really suprise this year and I'm very intrigued to see what end of the ground he plays, has apparently trained both forward and back but I do prefer him in defence playing a role similar to Josh Gibson from Hawks

he's rangy AF. Michael Johnson style
Didn't think he was that quick

michael-johnson-9356188-1-402.jpg

A lot more AFL ready than most people thought pre draft. He doesn't look far off it. If someone like Gleeson was to be injured for a few games we could do worse than playing him in that role. His defensive play on Ainsworth in the 4th quarter was very clutch and kept us in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Ridley.

Smooth mover and good disposal. Skinny but a good frame that will fill out nicely. Don't be surprised to see him play more footy than a anticipated this year.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but he looked like he was from the late 80s/90s. Thought it was a lanky David Grenvold.

He did look really good once he worked out the pace of the game. He looked like he belonged doing a lot of good defensive work associated with much more experienced players (as others have already said). Can see why the list management liked him.

Doubt he gets much game time but I'll watch with interest in the twos.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but he looked like he was from the late 80s/90s. Thought it was a lanky David Grenvold.

He did look really good once he worked out the pace of the game. He looked like he belonged doing a lot of good defensive work associated with much more experienced players (as others have already said). Can see why the list management liked him.

Yep, thought this as well. Someone I work with thought he looked like a lanky Michael Prior (not the best comparison, but I can see what he means)

I was watching it thinking he would have fit in right in the early 1900s, it's very much the length and posture and pulled up socks. Just comes across as old timey.

Moves extremely well for his size, has a great kick, seems to make the right decisions and looks composed. The type of kid that will blossom with more opportunity, and hopefully he gets it. That class off half back will be handy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back