AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the ground not watching too closely due to my company but I thought that Ridley was clearly best on for us.

No idea whether that assessment will hold up.

He's very strong. He's probably as much as 8kgs below the weight he will finish at but he can already break a tackle.

Does anyone else think this guy is the most promising young kid on our list (yes even including Francis)? Tall, composed, terrific kick, versatile, finds the footy and speaks with maturity.

Absolute winner considering many thought he was a speculative pick...

New position?

t1xV3HD.png

Ridley's kicking and agility for his size have always impressed me. A guy that clearly had AFL attributes right from the start and coming into his 3rd year I'm looking for big things from him. The only thing that could hold him back is the talent we have competing with him in the form of Francis, Redman and Gleeson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is very good in traffic.

Langford showed similar poise and creativity but not the same strength and aggression.

I think that ultimately Ridley will end up in the middle as there are so many options in defence.

Ridley also seems more adept at using his run on the outside than Langford. I can see Ridley spending plenty of time on the wing .

2019 defenders will be Ridley, Hurley, Hooker, Francis, Gleeson, Saad and McKenna.
Redman is good enough when fit but he isn't that normally.

Really good set up.

Who misses from those 8? Rare to see 8 defenders played in the same side. Especially when we have a Mcgrath on a wing and also a Baguley albeit forward (Can go back as plan C)

You can be smart and cultured without thinking your s**t doesn't stink. Glad i'm not the only one who can't stand Murphy.
I get why people think that about him but personally I don’t see him that way. He makes too many self deprecating jokes for him to think his s**t doesn’t stink IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back