Retired 14. Liam Jones

Masqualero

Club Legend
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlisle is not a gun. He's best known for being Walkers step ladder and snap chat videos
Strongly disagree, he is a very well rounded player.
His best year was the year when Essendon players all had their best year
I would hardly call him a gun
Wouldn't swap Jones for him that's for sure!
Not too sure if this is a troll, please clarify.

Jon Patton had 23 touches, 13 marks (6 contested!) and kicked 4.2 today.

Granted it was against Brisbane, but that makes Jones's effort against him a couple of weeks ago all the more impressive.

Patton is not just some lumbering old-school dinosaur, he's a damn fine forward.... Well, when he's not being sacrificed at the Temple of Liam Jones, that is.

Mar 25, 2010
South Yarra Vic 3141
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/afl/...d/news-story/2c378ba75d1f7106d4ce0001786cc485

Even MM claiming credit with the Beast form:eek::eek::eek:

Of course I was only at Carlton for eight games in 2015 so I didn’t get to coach Liam for long, but at the end of last year he approached me about weighing up his options as he felt his days at the Blues were numbered.

I told him to hang in there for as long as he could, and to continue to put the effort in.Effort usually has its rewards, and in this case it was accepting the challenge of a move to defence.

:thumbsu:

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Again an epic performance,right til the dying seconds saved a certain goal to some bloke Resomethingorrather!

Richmond did a really good job of getting Riewoldt away from him. Jones was still quite good.
They did, but that was kind of our own fault for not being able to adjust and correct our structures with that. I guess it is kind of a big compliment to Jones that they obviously pre-planned to try get Jack away from him like they did.

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
I shat all over him before he returned to the 1's but I have to say he has impressed me mightily.

our midfield was a gigantic black hole today which will always put pressure on the backs and make them look worse, but I have no complaints about the way Jones played today. battled hard and won his fair share of contests. good brahhhhh

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Today was the first time I actually got to watch Jonesy (and all the hype) play in the team. And I was impressed. He can stay. He must been the first forward turn back we've had that has actually worked out.

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Seems like Bolts was trying to avoid LJ spending too much time on JR. Thought he did his best work very late in the game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TooBlue14

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
They talk about Martin being the best contested player in the afl but jones beat him 1 on 1 3 tines while Cripps beat him at the other end for a goal. I know we lost but I'm super proud of the effort v the tigers. Jones v ASOS returning could be an interesting selection dilemma. It might cost marchbank, Weitering or plowman their spots which is going to only improve the competitive edge of our backline.

Back