Retired 14. Liam Jones

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Well I'll be a born again baked bean's beard. Didn't see that coming just a few weeks ago!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Has apparently been offered a 2 year contract.

Not quite.

Has started contract talks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-04/resurrected-blue-jones-opens-talks-over-new-deal

LIAM Jones has opened talks with Carlton on a new contract after resurrecting his career in defence this season.
Jones' manager, Shane Casley, confirmed to AFL.com.au he was in talks with Carlton list manager Stephen Silvagni about a new deal for his 26-year-old client.

"'SOS' (Silvagni) and I have caught up a couple of times and are in ongoing dialogue. Liam is pretty keen to stay at Carlton and hopefully we can get a deal done sooner rather than later," Casley said.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Take a bow Liam Jones! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/08/23/the-stats-that-prove-blue-defender-is-elite/

“Since Jones has come back into the senior team this season, he is marked as an elite defender in intercept marks (2.9 per game), intercept possessions (7.7 per game), spoils (9.5 per game) and pressure acts.

“Since he has come back in, he is ranked as the third or fourth best key defender in the game.”

Jones's player ratings:-

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/115397/Liam-JONES

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
It's a great story that just keeps going! I was loudly in the "never play him again ever" camp on Jones, but this is not the old Liam Jones. This is something new and different. The next step in evolution. The Beast. He's a cult hero now. Long may it continue.

jimmyshell

Debutant
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Posted on the Northern Blues Facebook page; Liam Jones VFL highlights.

Remember when there were talks that Liam Jones was earning a recall in the senior team? Crazy heady days

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
His effort against Buddy on Saturday was superb. He went shoulder to shoulder with Buddy & won the majority of the contests & when the ball hit the ground he didn't allow Buddy to turn him inside out. He has come a long way in a short period of time & some credit must be given to the coaching staff for getting his best footy out of him.

I'm sure the club is taking a cautious approach with Jones. A far cry from the days when players would be expected to be okay the following week. Diesel's recent presence at the club would be a stark reminder of the long term impact of concussion.
I'm sure we're being more cautious than clubs were in the past. But even now its unusual for a player without a history of concussion to be gone this long.

Hope Liam is ok.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

QsGuaPP4

Back