Player Watch #14: Liam Shiels - re-signed until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why we are drafting guys with "character" isn't it?
Also look at the list from a portfolio perspective. You cant fill it up with a bunch of high draft picks coming together all at once only to struggle to keep them together when you blow out the salary cap like a GWS. Picking up quality experienced players who are happy for the opportunity to go around again, keep the kids honest, setting standards and providing some leadership and physicality out on the ground I think is a smart way to fill out the list.

Good luck Liam 💛🤎.

Liam is a good get for the Roo's, has a couple of years of decent footy left in him. An will guide your youth on the track, in the VFL and AFL. Would also be the perfect sub coaching from the bench and being able to come in and play.
Does seem to have bee a bit of a plan as well to try to snaffle B. George in the draft, clearly rate him very highly and to have Liam replace him in the squad for 2023 looks like a bit of a recruiting masterstroke.

Again good! Amd anyone who thinks Liam with his 3 premiership medals has come to the bottom side to play VFL is crackers! Legit crackers

He could have just signed with our VFL side.

Also now the dust has settled on our final roster, some may want to revisit their “ best 22” which fyi in many cases wasnt that flash.

Oh well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again good! Amd anyone who thinks Liam with his 3 premiership medals has come to the bottom side to play VFL is crackers! Legit crackers

Also now the dust has settled on our final roster, some may want to revisit their “ best 22” which fyi in many cases wasnt that flash.

Oh well
BE78B042-A8F0-447E-A6CF-8AE268079982.jpeg

Oh well
I have no idea what he will be like (I don't know enough about him) but it looks like there is going to be some healthy competition for spots and it doesn't matter who you are. Newbie, rookie, mature age you all have a chance.

Last edited:
I have no idea what he will be like but it looks like there is going to be some healthy competition for spots and it doesn't matter who you are. Newbie, rookie, mature age you all have a chance.
absolutely ll13, on too many occasions we had poor performances rewarded with another game .

No good for anyone

absolutely ll13, on too many occasions we had poor performances rewarded with another game .

No good for anyone
That won't be happening anymore by the looks of it and that can only be a good thing.

That won't be happening anymore by the looks of it and that can only be a good thing.

Yep correct I spent two years hoping we'd lose and there isn't enough time in confession to say that many prayers as a i beg forgiveness.
I'm all aboard full mode win, don't care who's available in the draft, I won't even consider that until after the season.

Can't underestimate how good of a get this is. He's not only a solid leader but someone that worked extremely hard with every ounce of his ability to win flags with his teammates.

In the close games, it was Liam Shiels chasing to close the gap and lay a crucial tackle. Taking care of the dangerous mids and doing heaps of damage the other way.

He did the thankless jobs and provided leadership wherever needed. Exactly the guys you need to push standards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back