Traded Lynden Dunn

stickman11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2006
Littlefooty.com
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dunn to me is one positive we can take out of this year. Has improved in the later half of the season and was up in the best against Port. Reckon he'll really kick on next year.

bighughie

Senior List
May 21, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
I wish we'd just play him in one position instead of using him as a spare part. He came to the club as a forward and had a go there, then moved down back, then had a go as a tagger last year and now he's running through the midfield proper.

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Bailey must love him, he is the ultimate player for positional changes able to play everywhere

Given that he spent half the season in the 2's and got hung out to dry against Goldstein yesterday I don't think it's too passionate a love affair.

Given that he spent half the season in the 2's and got hung out to dry against Goldstein yesterday I don't think it's too passionate a love affair.
Considering Goldy went a long way to giving them the win, I think he still does love him

acuce

Debutant
Aug 6, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
unless he becomes a permanent forward, he'll be nothing but a depth player, melbourne has ruined him.

deeman12

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2006
home
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
demons
After todays outcome in the draft, Dunn will find it near impossible to break into our midfield again. Could he fill a hole in our forward line and play as the lead-up forward or third tall with Watts and Fitzpatrick? I've always rated him as a better forward than a midfielder. I'd imagine that he'd probably start training with the forward line after today's draft.

Thoughts?

Deefence

Senior List
Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate every melb poster on BF thinks the same, the reason why he doesnt get a fair go in the forward line...no one knows!

dee64

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
For starters, Fitzpatrick will never make it as a key forward.

Dunn, on the other hand should be given an extended run in the forward line. I'd like to see him and Bate rotate through CHF, with Watts and Jurrah as our deep marking targets.

deeman12

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2006
home
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
demons

Dunn, on the other hand should be given an extended run in the forward line. I'd like to see him and Bate rotate through CHF, with Watts and Jurrah as our deep marking targets.
I think you're being a bit harsh on Fitzpatrick mate. Albeit, I think he's more of a hit and miss project player for us. Could go either way I guess.

Dunn definitely needs to get a run in the forward line. He's impotent in the midfield but quite dangerous around goal.

Wonaeamirri33

Lovable Whore With A Heart Of Gold
10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year Chocolate Artist Ruby
May 10, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
FITZROY, Aylesbury United, St Pauli
No question about it, Dunny desperately needs to be given more of a chance in the forward line next year.

He's got the capability, he's a solid mark and a good set shot, there's no reason he shouldn't be up there.

Mr Rude

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2009
A tier above sL
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Agree Dunn has to be played foward, have Bate and Dunn as our lead up fowards and give Miller the arse.

Goobernutty

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2009
Gooberville
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons, Storm, Rebels
There might be a slight hope for Dunn as he's a good tagger & since our best tagger is JMac & is at the end of his career, there might be room in the midfield for him.

But I agree that he should go to the forward line anyway.

Leper Messiah

Team Captain
May 6, 2007
New York
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hoping to god we finally play him for an extended run in the forward line, but as we didn't this year when we were screaming out for forwards i can't see it happening next year either unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong though.

easter31

Debutant
Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Have seen Dunn at training twice this year, he seems to have put on size and rally doesn''t seem the type to be a run-with stopper. Would much prefer him in the forward line as per his role with the Calder Cannons.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Have seen Dunn at training twice this year, he seems to have put on size and rally doesn''t seem the type to be a run-with stopper. Would much prefer him in the forward line as per his role with the Calder Cannons.

Interesting - any other insights from training mate?

Goobernutty

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2009
Gooberville
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons, Storm, Rebels
You would think it would make perfect sense hey? Good mark, outstanding kick for goal = Tagger ??? :eek::confused:

If you had told me Goodes would become a dual-Brownlow winning midfielder, I'd have laughed my merry arse off. I guess it's something we can't explain.

Ling is a good mark and an outstanding kick for goal. He used to be a key forward as a junior.

I'd like to see Dunn in the forward line but that's just some food for thought.

Bit harsh on Fitzpatrick to say he won't make it in the forward line.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bartram would be more worried than Dunn. Dunn is a decent tagger - and another agreement that we should try him as a marking option out of the goalsquare a few times this year.

Bartram is the pure midfielder with no other strings to his bow - and Dunn certainly had a better year last year imo.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bartram would be more worried than Dunn. Dunn is a decent tagger - and another agreement that we should try him as a marking option out of the goalsquare a few times this year.

Bartram is the pure midfielder with no other strings to his bow - and Dunn certainly had a better year last year imo.
I think Bartram is a more than handy back pocket. His opponents rarely get much of a kick, and he is very good tackler. I think it is his best position. The problem is his disposal needs to go up a cog otherwise Bennell, Strauss and co will sail straight past him. Bennell may have already.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

You really are an idiot, writing off a kid 48 hours after he's been drafted.

Please get a clue.

Back