Traded Lynden Dunn

Remove this Banner Ad

If he shows himself consistently capable of such effectiveness with his kicking, add that to the superlative foot skills we get from Jack on a regular basis and we'll see another big leap forward in our overall ball-use, that's for sure :)

I do like the moustache too. But it reminds me more of John Cleese...

BClVU4.jpg

I can't fault the bloke for his efforts. Seems to love his footy when he gets out there.
Just too inconsistent over the season. I wanna see a Dunn thread like the Watts (and subsequent other threads) where each week we can say 'he's had a good last (x) weeks'

I can't fault the bloke for his efforts. Seems to love his footy when he gets out there.
Just too inconsistent over the season. I wanna see a Dunn thread like the Watts (and subsequent other threads) where each week we can say 'he's had a good last (x) weeks'

I think moving him into the backline has reinvigorated him a little bit. I haven't seen him play a position that comfortably in a long while. Maybe it was just a one off but I hope he stays down there for a few more games.

That kick... the tumbling torp that made it into the centre square...
At first i groaned... then went "ooh... oooh.... Wow... that carried didn't it!"

Just a thread for everyone to show their love for the great man.

Not the most talented player. Though he always seems to have a crack, and can on occasion have a big impact (there was a period under Bailey where he kicked a few bags of goals, and he's a pretty decent set shot). What I like most about him is that he's a pain in the arse.

Seems to just annoy a lot of opposition players and supporters. I'd love to have a Ballantyne/Baker type on our list, but for the mean time I'm happy with Dunn filling that role. Last time we really had someone like that was Jeff Farmer, or maybe Wrecker. Sylvia has potential too, but I get the feeling Sylvia's idea of being competitive is banging other footy players gf's rather than actually trying to beat them on field.

He seems to go about his footy the right way, puts the effort in and does what he's told. Hope he gets extended and I'd love to see him at the club til he's 30ish as a senior player (whether he's in the best 22 or not, we eventually need to start keeping players til the reach 'senior' status anyway).

Plus the mo was awesome. And having the name 'Lynden' means he really shouldn't be playing anywhere other than the MFC.

Looking forward to a big 2013 from the champion.

LOL troll, I love it. Perfect description.

Mitch Clark is pretty solid in the trolling stakes too. Remember his effort with Tarrant? <3

That's the kind of attitude I want to see from the Dees all the time, that 'antisocial' football and attitude that Hawthorn have/had. Tapscott has it (too bad he can't seem to play consistently enough, but I've got faith) and Viney has it (only have to watch the games he played against Geelong in the VFL to see it). Brad Miller had it (Pia softened him up a bit, but for a while him and Neitz resembled the 'bash brothers' from the Mighty Ducks movies... we were the most reported team in the league two years running with them).

I remember a player survey two or three years ago had Alan Didak and Colin Sylvia voted as the most unsociable footballers on field. Apparently Sylvia just talks about how awesome he is at fighting and challenges other players to punch ons... funny bastard.

Not sure if serious.

Absolutely serious. I think on teh internets we always focus on who our next messiah is going to be, or who our gun players are. We dont' give enough time to the battlers who work hard. Dunn is that. He's limited, but its no coincidence that he's kept his spot on the list this long and continues to get games. He's a coachable player - and we need more of that.

Absolutely serious. I think on teh internets we always focus on who our next messiah is going to be, or who our gun players are. We dont' give enough time to the battlers who work hard. Dunn is that. He's limited, but its no coincidence that he's kept his spot on the list this long and continues to get games. He's a coachable player - and we need more of that.

Even so, he honestly annoys me. I think it is his arrogance that gets to me especially when he starts to puff out his chest and that rediculous Mo he has, yet rarely backs it up on the field. Yet Farmer may have annoyed a lot of opposition supporters but at least he could back up his cockyness, with the way he played onfield. You only have to look at some of his games, like the Queens Birthday one against Collingwood when he kicked 9 or when he went coast to coast against Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree Lots of posters can him week in week out, the coach keeps playing him, limited ability but does what the coach wants. Annoys the s**t out of opposition players and that moustache, my godfather looked bloody terrible, Will be round next ear I am sure. !

He's like that mate everyone has who is just relentlessly obnoxious when on the piss. He's a jerk, starts arguments, put people off and generally doesn't give a flying s**t what anyone thinks of him. He might annoy his mates at times, but they still tolerate him because he's "OUR a-hole".

Was gone for all money mid season until his move down back. I think he has plenty to offer but spots in the backline are not easy to come by when everyone is fully fit. Worth another contract though.

He's another player who's fortunate enough to get games due to how bad we've been and how low the standard has been set.

Would not get a game in any top 8 team, not a chance

He's another player who's fortunate enough to get games due to how bad we've been and how low the standard has been set.

Would not get a game in any top 8 team, not a chance

Yes most of us realise that. But why not focus on what he does? He tries, he does what the coach tells him, he annoys people, and he seems to actually give a s**t. Thats a lot more than what most of our highly rated and talented players have done the last 5 years. Give me 22 Lyden Dunns over 22 Cale Mortons or Aaron Daveys.

Yes most of us realise that. But why not focus on what he does? He tries, he does what the coach tells him, he annoys people, and he seems to actually give a s**t. Thats a lot more than what most of our highly rated and talented players have done the last 5 years. Give me 22 Lyden Dunns over 22 Cale Mortons or Aaron Daveys.
Haha fair point, all he seems to do is annoy me but he does seem to care and tried hard in the games we copped a flogging

Geez a team of 22 Cale Mortons... cue the benny hill music

I like watching him get into the opposition, but also think he needs to back it up with his performance.
Didn't like it against the Bulldogs this year, where he was getting into them, and then finishing with a handful (4 IIRC) of disposals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back