#14 Michael Hibberd – retired. Thank you Pig ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
don't encourage him

giphy.gif

Phat Toni

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Spurs & Storm
Well done Pig, come a long way from street brawling in Frankston, hope you can keep it up and have a cracking 4 or so years to close out your career!

Well done Pig, come a long way from street brawling in Frankston, hope you can keep it up and have a cracking 4 or so years to close out your career!
Your username confused the s**t out of me because we have Fat Tony!

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Creditability below zero by having 3 key forwards. Not sure it ever had any creditability to begin with though?

Given they don't have to play anybody, don't have an issue with three key forwards as long as their seasons justify it.

Selected to play international rules November 12th and 14th, our first representative since Aaron Davey and Dom Barry in 2013 if he plays (Brad Green also played in 2012)

Selected to play international rules November 12th and 14th, our first representative since Aaron Davey and Dom Barry in 2013 if he plays (Brad Green also played in 2012)
I really wish Lever had made AA and been selected but as a Melbourne's player. Imagine the salt.

International rules has sucked since we stopped belting the Irish up for no reason.

Toby Greene selection gives me hope
Been decent contests since we started forcing ourselves to pick decent squads made of AA players since 2015

But yes, distinct lack of cambell brown

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
International rules has sucked since we stopped belting the Irish up for no reason.

Toby Greene selection gives me hope

The whole fighting the Irish thing is one of the most embarrassing things I’ve seen from afl players. Professional athletes going after amateur blokes who don’t even play with the same tackling rules, one of the most cowardly things you’ll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
The whole fighting the Irish thing is one of the most embarrassing things I’ve seen from afl players. Professional athletes going after amateur blokes who don’t even play with the same tackling rules, one of the most cowardly things you’ll see.

There wa some year over in Ireland I think McPhee ended up on the wrong end of a couple of hits, Campbell brown fixed a few
Up. The Irish were dropping knees and giving as good as they got.

But not like the year where Chris Johnson belted Half the side one out

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
There wa some year over in Ireland I think McPhee ended up on the wrong end of a couple of hits, Campbell brown fixed a few
Up. The Irish were dropping knees and giving as good as they got.

But not like the year where Chris Johnson belted Half the side one out

The only international rules game worth watching

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Atleast the series had some feeling in it. If you look back through the highlights only Chris Johnson went way overboard. The rest was just physical play back when it was allowed.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
The series shouldn’t even exist, it is a waste of time that the public couldn’t give two shits about.

Trouble is they pick the star players so people watch, but really the selectors need to pick blokes who can play with the round ball. There is no gurantess Ablett, pendles etc are better than some fringe players at this game

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
SOO is also a waste of time, no one gives a s**t about state vs state and I’d be furious if one of our players got injured playing in it.

It's a higher level of representation and it would be an amazing spectacle. Someone like Nathan Jones might not play finals for a decade but you could see him represent Victoria and be a match winner there.
A 17 round season with a 4 week SOO carnival would be awesome.
Injuries are injuries, anyone could get injured at any time even in training should players avoid that as well? Before you mention the benefit of training don't forget the experience someone like Oliver could get training with Pendles/Ablett/Crouch/Martin.
The injury argument is a glass half empty when in reality we are missing seeing an amazing quality of football. The collision injuries are minimal in footy now and you could name extended benches for the SOO to minimize fatigue injuries.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's a higher level of representation and it would be an amazing spectacle. Someone like Nathan Jones might not play finals for a decade but you could see him represent Victoria and be a match winner there.
A 17 round season with a 4 week SOO carnival would be awesome.
Injuries are injuries, anyone could get injured at any time even in training should players avoid that as well? Before you mention the benefit of training don't forget the experience someone like Oliver could get training with Pendles/Ablett/Crouch/Martin.
The injury argument is a glass half empty when in reality we are missing seeing an amazing quality of football. The collision injuries are minimal in footy now and you could name extended benches for the SOO to minimize fatigue injuries.

Don’t be stupid and compare training with your club to a representative game there is a big difference.

SOO died because people stopped giving a s**t (Look how much the crowds dropped off towards the end).

Back