#14 Michael Hibberd – retired. Thank you Pig ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Never doubted my decision to profile pic him (even though I miss Steve O'Dwyer).

Just looked so composed tonight. Proved plenty wrong. Reckon blokes must love playing footy with him.

Side just wasn’t the same without Pig, what an effort to find his way back in, he looks so damn quick again too.

Playing like he has wound the clock back a couple of years. So long as he is willing to play on and keeps playing well I would keep giving him 1 year deals. Even if they have to give him a spell at points.

Charlie Cameron held goalless only twice this year

Both times by the Pig

I've been so (pleasantly) surprised at his efforts this year - I thought he was well on the way to a pension. He's been epic and seems to have reached a new level with his pace and agility.

Who does he take against the Swans? Papley?

I've been so (pleasantly) surprised at his efforts this year - I thought he was well on the way to a pension. He's been epic and seems to have reached a new level with his pace and agility.

Heeney I imagine, as Papley has been playing much higher up the ground. Hunt shudders probably gets Papley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a down game against the Pies but back with a bang the last two weeks. Another year.
Hibbo has made a big difference to how our defence operates since his return.
We have the attacking game going again now, with Hibbo, Hunt and Brayshaw helping.

It's starting out of our Def 50.
Langdon also has come back into form, since these returns.?

Me as well. and the same with Melk this backend of 2022.

I had both of them pensioned off following the last pre-season.

And I had Hunt off with the free agency, but to his credit, has come back better then ever to be in career best form.

Last edited:
I'm glad for Hibbo. He deserves it. One more season only I'd think. He doesn't seem to have lost much pace which is promising but is potentially the type of player that could fall off a cliff fast, particularly if an injury gets him which is highly likely at his age. May, Lever, Petty, Bowey, Brayshaw and Hibberd is a bloody good defensive unit. Whether or not Brayshaw goes back will be the question but he should. Rivers and Salem I'd prefer to see used more up the ground in a more attacking role. Both had poor years and need to find a role that benefits the team. Salem across half back is doing nothing to help. Maybe he can be more utilised across the half forward line? Rivers potentially more midfield time? Would need to work on his tank, but could be a rotation through there maybe. He's just as likely to come out and have a cracking year across half back as well. So who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back