Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullfrog posters getting all bent out shape on their board about this comment and wishing the death of our club.
Lol I think the poster that melted over that comment doesn't understand the meaning of 'charges dropped.'

Edit: But what is wrong with them? I mean, we're similar sized clubs, but some of their fans seem to have some really weird inferiority complex when it comes to us. I know that we've got the significantly more prestigious history, but surely that alone doesn't account for it and their pathetic desire to copy almost everything we do. I mean, come on, get your own ideas! They may as well just go ahead and change to vertical stripes and remove the red from their jumper.

Last edited:
Lol I think the poster that melted over that comment doesn't understand the meaning of 'charges dropped.'

Edit: But what is wrong with them? I mean, we're similar sized clubs, but some of their fans seem to have some really weird inferiority complex when it comes to us. I know that we've got the significantly more prestigious history, but surely that alone doesn't account for it and their pathetic desire to copy almost everything we do. I mean, come on, get your own ideas! They may as well just go ahead and change to vertical stripes and remove the red from their jumper.

I'm not sure but it might have something to do with the fact that we have been and always will be a better club. Just a theory though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent "Smash and Grab" Dumont according to the AFL Prospectus was our second best kick among midfielders last year after Daniel Wells. Plus and I quote "when kicking inside 50 his kick rating was the fourth-highest rating of the top-110 kicks inside 50, leading to 1.5 score assists per game - an elite rating for a midfielder."

If I remember correctly he also accused a NMFC official of criminal behaviour on Bay 13. When it was pointed out to him and the administration the potential ramifications of the allegations, his post was amended and the thread locked.

Nah, that was gogriff. I don't think they're the same person.

gogriff shat his pants when I and others pointed out the slander ramifications of the statements he made (about Cam Joyce, from memory). His first line of defense was "it's not slander if you believe it". Then was conspicuously silent for a while after I pointed out the actual quote is "it's not slander if it's true". He then contacted the mods to get the thread deleted.

Will be a big weight off his mind now court case is over.

Could be a big improver, hope gets consistent games in the middle rather than the in and out crap.

He and Cunners should be our inside mids, Swallow also if form warrants it.

Nah, that was gogriff. I don't think they're the same person.

gogriff shat his pants when I and others pointed out the slander ramifications of the statements he made (about Cam Joyce, from memory). His first line of defense was "it's not slander if you believe it". Then was conspicuously silent for a while after I pointed out the actual quote is "it's not slander if it's true". He then contacted the mods to get the thread deleted.
Coward.

Trent "Smash and Grab" Dumont according to the AFL Prospectus was our second best kick among midfielders last year after Daniel Wells. Plus and I quote "when kicking inside 50 his kick rating was the fourth-highest rating of the top-110 kicks inside 50, leading to 1.5 score assists per game - an elite rating for a midfielder."
Nice to see some stats back up what I've been saying about Froggy. He makes his disposals count and gets in good positions.

It's a shame that there's no obvious way to get him more inside time, as his kicking inside 50 is an absolute weapon. Had about four pristine I50s in the final against Adelaide, including the kick late to Petrie that anybody even remotely mobile would have got to for an uncontested mark.

In the training vision it looks like he has slimmed down. I wonder if the plan is to have him take over the Daniel Wells inside/outside role.

It's a shame that there's no obvious way to get him more inside time, as his kicking inside 50 is an absolute weapon. Had about four pristine I50s in the final against Adelaide, including the kick late to Petrie that anybody even remotely mobile would have got to for an uncontested mark.

In the training vision it looks like he has slimmed down. I wonder if the plan is to have him take over the Daniel Wells inside/outside role.
Let's not dance around it; the obvious way was trading Swallow. Wouldn't have looked good to let a former captain go but it's also not a good look to let one get demoted to the seconds or worse play one to the detriment of the team and younger, more talented players.
It looks like Andrew will end his career a one club player which I am very happy about because he has been a shining light for our midfield in our worst years since the 80s. Though I can't help but think we've had the midfield mix wrong for a few years now and stiffled the development of a couple of careers. Think Trent's court case will mean he will stay loyal to us but up to this point you couldn't have begrudged him to leave for more opportunity because he is on 20 games right now when I think he could have played close to twice as many at another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back