Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Should sign this guy up asap

Our best player out of contract this year

We've done well to sign everyone else up of note
His management surely wouldn't let him sign on the eve of what will probably be his breakout season. My head will explode if I find out we're going to try and lowball him like we did Greenwood though.

Let's not dance around it; the obvious way was trading Swallow. Wouldn't have looked good to let a former captain go but it's also not a good look to let one get demoted to the seconds or worse play one to the detriment of the team and younger, more talented players.
It looks like Andrew will end his career a one club player which I am very happy about because he has been a shining light for our midfield in our worst years since the 80s. Though I can't help but think we've had the midfield mix wrong for a few years now and stiffled the development of a couple of careers. Think Trent's court case will mean he will stay loyal to us but up to this point you couldn't have begrudged him to leave for more opportunity because he is on 20 games right now when I think he could have played close to twice as many at another club.

Not to completely derail the Froggy thread, but I still think Spitta could wind up at the Suns after this year.

Gaz will leave this year and they're still light on experience. They could use a Swallow for a few years.

Clarkson would have pulled the trigger last year though.

His management surely wouldn't let him sign on the eve of what will probably be his breakout season. My head will explode if I find out we're going to try and lowball him like we did Greenwood though.
I reckon he's loyal so should be no issue keeping him. Would like it done sooner than later though

Helping him through the court case helps also.

I reckon he's a chance to finish above one of Cunners or JZ in the B&F this year.

Predicting him for a top 5 finish.

He should get a full shot at it now and I expect him to grab it with both hands.

Also good to see him more relaxed, smiling and confident in front of the camera too. It's always good when the kids 'come of age' media-wise. Sugar too, the other day.

Let's not dance around it; the obvious way was trading Swallow. Wouldn't have looked good to let a former captain go but it's also not a good look to let one get demoted to the seconds or worse play one to the detriment of the team and younger, more talented players.
It looks like Andrew will end his career a one club player which I am very happy about because he has been a shining light for our midfield in our worst years since the 80s. Though I can't help but think we've had the midfield mix wrong for a few years now and stiffled the development of a couple of careers. Think Trent's court case will mean he will stay loyal to us but up to this point you couldn't have begrudged him to leave for more opportunity because he is on 20 games right now when I think he could have played close to twice as many at another club.
Nail on Head !!

He should get a full shot at it now and I expect him to grab it with both hands.

Also good to see him more relaxed, smiling and confident in front of the camera too. It's always good when the kids 'come of age' media-wise. Sugar too, the other day.
Absolutely.

BUT ...

What a waste of time for Matt Thompson to use 3/4 of his limited interview time flogging the court case instead of actual football. Turd of a 'journalist' he is. Listen to him on AFL exchange some time. Doesn't care how messed up someone's life might be as long as it's a 'good story'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely.

BUT ...

What a waste of time for Matt Thompson to use 3/4 of his limited interview time flogging the court case instead of actual football. Turd of a 'journalist' he is. Listen to him on AFL exchange some time. Doesn't care how messed up someone's life might be as long as it's a 'good story'.
Agreed. Thought the same thing.

Absolutely.

BUT ...

He's repugnant.

Froggy not afraid to play physical too, which is good.

Will be huge for us this year. Should get it regularly and use it well. Has served his apprenticeship and looks ready to go. Will be a beauty. Plus any other cliche you can throw at him. He just has the right mix of attitude, smarts and desire. Great pickup with pick 30. Will be great to watch this year.

Will be huge for us this year. Should get it regularly and use it well. Has served his apprenticeship and looks ready to go. Will be a beauty. Plus any other cliche you can throw at him. He just has the right mix of attitude, smarts and desire. Great pickup with pick 30. Will be great to watch this year.
I'm quite excited about seeing how Froggy and Clarke go together, and how well they work with JZ, Cunners, Swallow and now Hrovat. Even better if Mountford gets a go too, along with Wags. Giddy up.

With Wells and Harvey gone, he is easily our best kick into F50. He put 2 passes on to chests today that led to goals.

Doesn't kick it at the player, kicks it to where the player will be.

Perfectly weighted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back