Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

With Wells and Harvey gone, he is easily our best kick into F50. He put 2 passes on to chests today that led to goals.
Agree with this, but with Higgo and LT moving into the midfield and Hrovat joining them as a new recruit with great skills, we now have 4 blokes with great footskills delivering into the forward line.

Fair.

There's no hiding from this one now though. Last year with the court case a team stacked with older players they managed to avoid the hard decision.

Edit: BTW one thing I have noticed along with his general disposal efficiency even his JZ style "hacks" seem a bit smarter. He at least seems to slap it forward and keep it low and hard so the forwards have a running ball to work with. Seems a lot smarter with the forward line we're running with.

Last edited:
Will be playing every game no probs.

In fact, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him leadership group soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rigid thinking. The chance is small but Dumont has the potential to be better and is entering the age where he could start playing at his peak.

I like Froggy, indeed I think he is close to being in the top 10 players at the club. But his ceiling is nowhere near Ben's.

Dumont 2017 > Dal Santo 2016

I liked Nicky, but we have an upgrade this year. That said I though Dal Santo 2016 > Dumont 2016 as well. Trent seems to be a different and much better player this year and his self-belief appears to have gone through the roof.
He's a slightly faster (not by much, sadly) and a much more skilled version (better footy smarts and vision too I would argue) of Swallow.

I would also add, that I recall when this place (and rightly so at the time, on available evidence) went nuts over signing Aaron Black, and doing cartwheels when we did give him a big contract. Obviously didn't turn out well.

Really doubt the same will happen with this guy. He's special and has looked the goods for a while. He's our best kept secret this year and soon the rest of the competition will find out. The best part is, a statement like this would not even concern him if someone told him. He's got that sort of attitude. Will be more excited to watch him go this year than just about anyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back