Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

While he has a long way to go, there is a touch of the Sam Mitchell’s about him. For him to endure, that’s the type of player he has to become. He might not be good enough but I think has poise, decision making and skill execution that some of our centre square players in the past have lacked.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cant believe the negativity re Dumont. He was great on the weekend. Pace is not everything. Has developed into a solid AFL player.
Good to hear he is rated across the border - a reasonable chance TD ends up back in SA taking into account all the circumstances.

We have a lot of his type - too many in fact - and just like Bastinac if the offer was right we would have to consider moving him on.

So much better if he can get the ball
in motion. Not in an outside way, but if he’s moving through the contest and receives or wins the ball he balanced well and makes better decisions.

Cunnington is an example of someone who likewise excels in a static situation.

Building nicely. I've been ho-hum on him but he really got us going tonight. Almost feels like he decided at half time last week to have a more serious crack in general. Can still go missing but maybe just maybe there's a better player there then many of us thought if we're super patient.
Not sure we have to be super patient. He has still only played 43 games which really only equates two full seasons . plenty of time yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a lot of his type - too many in fact - and just like Bastinac if the offer was right we would have to consider moving him on.

Froggy coming along just fine similar trajectory that greenwood had. I do think frogs ceiling will be higher however.

As for bastinac. If we get an offer for any washed up player like that again we would be silly not to take it.

he is the key to playing JZ forward permanently.

How do you figure that? He barely goes in to the centre square and it's the reason he has become a more valuable player.

Starting to look like a midfielder albeit Tef's point is interesting in that he's maybe not attending too many centre squares.

Like the way he's holding on it a bit longer now a la Cunnington and playing his natural game in either twisting out of trouble or waiting for an option to present itself before releasing.

Not every player has that as part of their natural skill-set so this is great asset to the team if he can continue to develop it.

Starting to look like a midfielder albeit Tef's point is interesting in that he's maybe not attending too many centre squares.

Like the way he's holding on it a bit longer now a la Cunnington and playing his natural game in either twisting out of trouble or waiting for an option to present itself before releasing.

Not every player has that as part of their natural skill-set so this is great asset to the team if he can continue to develop it.

You have him Cunnington LDU and Higgins that can create and control time and space inside. If frog and LDU can come on and you throw Simpkin in there with Anderson hartung atley on the fringes we can look very different to 12 months ago

How do you figure that? He barely goes in to the centre square and it's the reason he has become a more valuable player.
Have you got stats for that cause from my perception he's spent more time in the center square than previous years. He's equal 4th for center clearances this year.

Have you got stats for that cause from my perception he's spent more time in the center square than previous years. He's equal 4th for center clearances this year.
That was my perception as well although that may be wrong.

I asked this question also recently, but I'll ask it again.....If anybody has the stat for centre square attendances could they please put it up?

It would make things so much clearer on where these guys are at and just how they are being utilised.

He’s been solid so far this year.

I don’t think he’s a centre square / bounce style midfielder despite his build and pace which makes it a bit hard. He’s really an outside mid in an inside mids body. Neat kick and can damage if he gets space which will be the challenge. Doing what he should at the moment but I’m hoping to see a few tricks every now and again.

ar. Still

I am a Dumont fan and watched him closely against Melbourne and St. Kilda. He wasn't in the square for many if any centre bounces, but rather was on the wing. Even when Cunnington and Zeibell are not at centre bounces, Jed, Jacobs and UDL are being played there rather than Dumont

Was decent enough tonight. He does some fantastic things (few zone breaking kicks and his goal) but then does some absolutely terrible things like getting caught and showing no awareness.

Agree. He's really hard to read as a player. Still does way too many dumb things on the footy field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back