Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just on the Oval Office talking about his mental health issues

Powerful stuff; kudos young man!

Absolutely kicking goals being a strong advocate for mental health issues, absolute credit to him as a person to be so open and honest into his personal struggles.

I'm going full The Other Dean ~ Sam Gibson on this bloke.

Lay off him. Enough scapegoating. Quality player, quality individual.

For reasons unknown seems to have drifted into whipping territory.

Come at me all Dumont Doubters.
He's only in whipping boy territory for people who don't understand the game.

A few fumbles and missed kicks earlier this season was all it took.

But then again what he does to get off in his own time is really none of our business.

Only had 2 clangers on the weekend. Whilst Ahern and Wood ended up with 4 and 6 clangers. Dumont used the ball at 76.9% DE. Which is not the worst thing in the world.

Least of our problems. He was disappointed even considering the fact he was one of our bests with 26 disposals.

I'm backing him to kill it this week. Both him and Polec can build something.

Sweet. I'm really looking fwd to your possession by possession analysis. My impression is that his ball use has continued to be below his best, stats be damned, but haven't been soo interested to drill down enough to convert that impression into a position. Will you also do one of his better games to compare against?

Watching thread.

Sweet. I'm really looking fwd to your possession by possession analysis. My impression is that his ball use has continued to be below his best, stats be damned, but haven't been soo interested to drill down enough to convert that impression into a position. Will you also do one of his better games to compare against?

Watching thread.

Yes to all of the above. Every week for the rest of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm absolutely on board with your defense of Dumont, KC. Bloke is often unfairly maligned in these parts.

Although as kangaspurs alluded to, that might just be down to a simple correlation between 'posters who criticise Trent' and 'posters who don't have a particularly nuanced understanding of the game'.

Either way, speaking from experience, you should never go full The Other Dean.

Completely agree.
We have next to no midfielders in his age/games bracket.
Needs to come off the wing and into our centre square rotations, as defensively (and offensively) his lack of pace makes him limited in that position.

You'll laugh but Lmac can play midfield, tho probably not as much time on the inside.

Was opposed to either Scully (& sometimes Henderson) for most of the night. Felt like neither of them had much influence.

Froggy had a couple of poor handballs, one in particular that resulted in a goal, but overall a solid workman like performance.

His defensive work tonight really stood out with 8 tackles and 30 pressure acts

Was opposed to either Scully (& sometimes Henderson) for most of the night. Felt like neither of them had much influence.

Froggy had a couple of poor handballs, one in particular that resulted in a goal, but overall a solid workman like performance.

His defensive work tonight really stood out with 8 tackles and 30 pressure acts
He was great tonight but no doubt the WBC will pick holes in his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back