Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Invaluable when you have a bloke that can step up and play multiple roles around the ground. Whether it be wing, tagger, or play as a centre square mid.

As a few others have said premiership teams often have excellent role players exactly the same mould as frog.

He’ll be top 5 in the BnF again this year. Probably behind Goldy, McDonald, Tarrant.

I think the move to the centre square has been great for him and plays to his strengths more than on a wing.

Frog 2019 average: 8 contested, 4 tackles, 2 clearances, 17 uncontested

Frog 2020 (last 4 weeks) average: 11 contested, 6.5 tackles, 6 clearances, 12 uncontested

And he's still getting the ball on the outside, maybe a little less than his 2019 average but shorter quarters would impact this.

Hope he stays in the rotation when Cunners returns as he's been pretty impressive in there.

I think the move to the centre square has been great for him and plays to his strengths more than on a wing.

Frog 2019 average: 8 contested, 4 tackles, 2 clearances, 17 uncontested

Frog 2020 (last 4 weeks) average: 11 contested, 6.5 tackles, 6 clearances, 12 uncontested

And he's still getting the ball on the outside, maybe a little less than his 2019 average but shorter quarters would impact this.

Hope he stays in the rotation when Cunners returns as he's been pretty impressive in there.

Nailed it beautifully, with the added bonus that Trent is a very good clamp also. We have found the successor to Benny Jacobs.

Trent‘s tank needs to be appreciated. Lacks speed but is always pushing a couple steps to be an option if congestion and looks to get rid of it quickly.

If need be he can run wider, shutdown a player or stay inside. Jack of all trades and hasn’t tapped his forward craft much other than his first game.

Nailed it beautifully, with the added bonus that Trent is a very good clamp also. We have found the successor to Benny Jacobs.
I hope so. Love Trent and not having Benny has left a big hole to fill.

Sloppy by foot, minimal penetration in his kicking, no run and carry, almost zero creativity with ball in hand, unable to hit the scoreboard.......

is Dumont our most over-rated player?

I’d offer him up as trade bait at seasons end. But obviously that won’t happen as he is so highly regarded at NM which really, means jack-shizen nowadays.

Sloppy by foot, minimal penetration in his kicking, no run and carry, almost zero creativity with ball in hand, unable to hit the scoreboard.......

I’d offer him up as trade bait at seasons end. But obviously that won’t happen as he is so highly regarded at NM which really, means jack-shizen nowadays.

Has one average game and the pitch forks come out.

We have become so reactive

Has one average game and the pitch forks come out.

We have become so reactive

He's buggered from doing a s**t load of work in a position for which he did not prepare in the pre-season.

Was an excellent defensive wingman last year and linked play well and ran hard both ways. Not really sure why we have been playing him the middle and Higgo out on a wing. Depends on how fast we want to move Bailey up onto a wing and what we do with Polec but I think his best position for us going forward is back on a wing and playing in a 3 man wing rotation.

He seems to be one of only a few who seem to be trying to lead at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just thinking similar......he looks completely gassed, but this year might actually stand him in great stead going forward.
Poor bugger was spent from chasing tail all night. In games where the opposition have free reign from the back half his lack of pace gets exposed also. He is a bloody good runner though. Has been ever since he lost about 10kgs after bulking up too much in his first two years.

He will be much better with a proper team around him.

Was just thinking similar......he looks completely gassed, but this year might actually stand him in great stead going forward.

Putting aside any reference to footy strengths & weaknesses, the word that most applies to Trent is "honesty". He's just very genuine.

Sloppy by keyboard, minimal penetration in his analysis, almost zero positivity, unable to see the big picture.......

is Devil Fish our most over-rated poster?

I'd offer him up as trade bait at seasons end. But obviously that won't happen as he would get knocked back from even the ******* Sydney BF board.

is Devil Fish our most over-rated poster?

This is actually a very good question.

Seems to have made a legend out of mostly dorkish player name quips. Apparently funny, but I have never seen it.

Constantly whinges, adds next to nothing when the side is going alright, or with actual football observation. He's a definite contender.

This is actually a very good question.

Seems to have made a legend out of mostly dorkish player name quips. Apparently funny, but I have never seen it.

Constantly whinges, adds next to nothing when the side is going alright, or with actual football observation. He's a definite contender.
I hear ya.

No one rates him but a few blokes on this board. What would we get for him?

Would Adelaide take 2 + Dumont for 1 and 2021 R2?

He's buggered from doing a sh*t load of work in a position for which he did not prepare in the pre-season.

This is the biggest load of s**t I’ve ever heard. Ever.

He trained as a midfielder and is playing midfield, how else would you want him to prepare?

Anyway you cut it up, he’s the worst starting mid in the comp!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back