Player Watch #14: Trent Dumont - signed two year contract extension - Roo until end 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

shinboner magic

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
People want to trade him for something in the 20’s. No thanks.
Yeah he is much better than any lucky dip in the draft. Plus he has another 6 yrs in him
Might just get better offer to leave like 4-5 years at good money.
We might just offer 2-3 yrs.

Kangaroos4eva

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2012
QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Yeah he is much better than any lucky dip in the draft. Plus he has another 6 yrs in him
Might just get better offer to leave like 4-5 years at good money.
We might just offer 2-3 yrs.
Also plays in a position that we have little depth in, wing. Not many player's on our list are capable of playing full-time wing.

Last edited:

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Event Horizon

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Victory
Yeah I gotta feeling he’s going home.. not sure why, but just got the feeling..
He’s the kind of player that’s not going to net us a decent pick in a trade. Unless they give up a player we are interested in, we are better off keeping him. But if he doesn’t want to sign a contract - we could end up with no choice

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the big lebowski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s the kind of player that’s not going to net us a decent pick in a trade. Unless they give up a player we are interested in, we are better off keeping him. But if he doesn’t want to sign a contract - we could end up with no choice

He’s a free agent and we might get a good pick depending on contract length and dollars. You’d think it would be a 4 year deal based on a top 10 b&f entering the promenof his career. His calf did come at a bad time but if he plays good footy between now and end of year it might not matter.

He will be a loss no doubt.

Shermanator

12 + 9 + 29 = The future
Mar 23, 2001
Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers

Yeah I hope he stays, Ive been a fan for a long time and he’s the ideal age we’re screaming out for to bring the kids through but the pull of going home to family and friends for the second half of his footy life wouldn’t surprise me - and I don’t blame him..

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I can't fathom how a random 2nd or 3rd rounder for a guy who is a great clubman, disciplined player and hitting his peak years is seen as a great return by anyone.

Trent was a friggin random 2nd rounder in the first place and is entering his mid 20s with 100 games and a little bit of finals experience under his belt. Why would we 'sell' him now?

(yes I know he's FA you get what I mean)

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Yankees; Leeds United
I can't fathom how a random 2nd or 3rd rounder for a guy who is a great clubman, disciplined player and hitting his peak years is seen as a great return by anyone.

Trent was a friggin random 2nd rounder in the first place and is entering his mid 20s with 100 games and a little bit of finals experience under his belt. Why would we 'sell' him now?

(yes I know he's FA you get what I mean)
Pick 19 for a rebuilding club like ours is very valuable. It can be packaged with other picks to move us up the order or be used in its own right.

That said - a pick in the 30's/40's would not be worth it - we are better off resigning him.

Remove this Banner Ad