Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

This from Bound For Glory's profile:

Dumont is the second best pure inside midfielder in the draft, behind Matt Crouch. He’s very strong in the clearances and applies plenty of defensive pressure around the ball. His tackle numbers are encouraging for teams who want to implement a defensive game style.

Seems like from what i've read he is slider so in that sense looks like we have done well. Wonder why other clubs went around him though?

Anyway, be interesting to see where he fits in a very busy midfield rotation - not easy to get a spot there. I suspect they already have plans though as getting another mid is an interesting choice.

Good luck to him :thumbsu:
Saintly, IMHO and watching him at Norwood this year he mightve been passed over because he's not as pacy as some, he's not slow by any means, but he's got footy smarts and composure and good physique and tank for a 17yo....im rapt redlegs lost him to me kangas

Saintly, IMHO and watching him at Norwood this year he mightve been passed over because he's not as pacy as some, he's not slow by any means, but he's got footy smarts and composure and good physique and tank for a 17yo....im rapt redlegs lost him to me kangas

do we need another one though, especially if he isn't pacy?

Can never have enough natural footballers IMO.

The reality is this is likely the last year on the list for LA and Greenwood so having a player like Dumont, who may or may not get game time this year, developing in the reserves and pushing for selection in 2015 means that we will still retain some depth in that area. We have Swallow, Wells, JZ and Cunners as natural ball winners and are trying to add Jacobs to that list. I reckon we have space for one more.

I'm sure that Scott doesn't want to play Wells in the Centre Square in the later part of his career.

Jury is still out on Jacobs. Greenwood probably gone at the end of the year. Ziebell and Cunners need to be playing forward at times. So it seems pretty logical to me.

Particularly if he was best available.

Sam Mitchell wasn't Sam Mitchell when he was drafted - if his skills were elite then, surely he would have been drafted much higher. So a kid that plays like him but just needs to develop his skills more sounds like a good bet.

Honestly - the more of these players we have the better. You need pace dont get me wrong - but finals are won with contested ball winners and honestly Dummont is a steal - they have done it again.

If you give it 3-4 years ppl are going to be right articles about how this list was built and im sure this pick will be one thats highlighted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent's highlights reminded me of Basti package from a few years back a lot.

If he ends up anywhere as good as Basti I will be stoked. Very similar builds also !!!!

Dumont has big legs and is probably between Cunnington and Wines.

Profiles range from 83kg to 87kg which is huge for an 18 old mid at 185cm.

Has not exactly hit the upper body weights yet either.

Good luck trying to get this guy off his feet when he does.

Over in Utah they're groaning hearing of the recruitment of Dumont.

"Not another F***ing bloke we can't tackle at training!!"

As Cunners stands by with a wolfish grin on his face.

Over in Utah they're groaning hearing of the recruitment of Dumont.

"Not another F***ing bloke we can't tackle at training!!"

As Cunners stands by with a wolfish grin on his face.

Does this profile remind you of anyone?

" is tackle machine, a clearance king and is very strong bodied and can often be found at the bottom of packs and sharking the stoppages to push his team into attack. The work rate of Dumont as an inside midfielder is almost unprecedented; he does things other’s don’t. His head-over-the-ball approach makings him a human wrecking ball, bustling and charging his way through packs, and extracting the ball out to a player on the outside of the packs, his vision is elite."

So our midfield now has the following options:

Swallow, Ziebell, Harvey, Cunnington, Wells, Dal Santo, Bastinac, Adams, McDonald, Dumont

Holy. *******. s**t.
With Gibson, Macmillan, Jacobs, Atley, Greenwood, Harper and Garner for rotations if need be.

So our midfield now has the following options:

Swallow, Ziebell, Harvey, Cunnington, Wells, Dal Santo, Bastinac, Adams, McDonald, Dumont

Holy. *******. s**t.

Should be able to match it with the best.

Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Lewis, Smith, Whitecross, Sewell, Shiels, Hill
Mundy, Fyfe, Barlow, Hill, Sylvia, Pearce, DeBoer, Neale
Jack, Kennedy, McVeigh, Hannebery, O'Keefe, Mitchell, Parker, Jetta, Bird, Goodes
Selwood, Johnson, Kelly, Bartel, Stokes, Duncan, Christensen, Motlop, Caddy
Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Ball, Sidebottom, O'Brien, Thomas, Adams, Macaffer, Seedsman, Dwyer, Blair
Wingard, Boak, Ebert, Hartlett, Cornes, Wines, Gray, Moore, White

Dumont has big legs and is probably between Cunnington and Wines.

Profiles range from 83kg to 87kg which is huge for an 18 old mid at 185cm.

Has not exactly hit the upper body weights yet either.

Yep good analysis there Shagga. He sounds like he really has a good head on his shoulders and will be willing to put

in 110% to make it. I think plenty of upscope in this kid and best is he will give himself every chance to make it.

Unlike some others !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back