Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
have heard in certain parts he could be a top 15 choice.

the Crows are on record as saying he 'wouldn't even make it to their first pick'

Good luck Trent & welcome to the best football club in Australia.

NiceCunnington

Premiership Player
Nov 8, 2009
Altona Video Ezy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hamish McIntosh
Hard, tough and with a little bit of dash, Dumont could step easily into the AFL system having starred in Norwood's recent SANFL premiership, collecting 20 disposals in a close to best on ground performance. Dumont has a damaging right foot and his experience against mature bodies in the SANFL will hold him in good stead. He is expected to be selected inside the top 20. Part of the supreme South Australian midfield group, Dumont averaged 17.2 disposals in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/trent-dumont

279285-7fd2e5b2-4c3e-11e3-95c1-9e9b6c573736.jpg

Norwood's Trent Dumont, whose future will be revealed in next Thursday's national AFL draft. Picture: Mark Brake. Source: News Limited
IN one hour, Trent Dumont's draft standing skyrocketed.
At half-time of the SANFL grand final between Norwood and North Adelaide, Dumont had accumulated more disposals (17) than any other player on the ground.
He finished with 20, eight marks, five clearances, a premiership medal around his neck and his name boldly circled on draft boards.
Suddenly the hardrunning midfielder had emerged from the pack to surge into contention to become the third SANFL player selected at the national draft behind top-four candidates James Aish and Matt Scharenberg.
"Trent had a cracking grand final,'' SANFL high performance manager Brenton Phillips said.
"His first half was quite outstanding for an 18-year-old kid at that level.''
Dumont faded in the second half after copping a badly corked thigh from teammate Brett Zorzi just before half-time.
2013 SANFL GRAND FINAL HIGHLIGHTS

But he still finished third in Jack Oatey Medal voting for best-afield behind Zorzi and Crows-listed midfielder Mitch Grigg.
"He showed in that first half just what a talent he is,'' said Phillips, who coached Dumont at this year's under-18 national championships where SA won the title for the first time since 1995.
"He's a really solid citizen who is a good runner, is strong, is a good overhead mark, makes really good decisions with the ball and kicks it really nicely.
"The club which drafts Trent will be getting a very serviceable player who will play between 100 and 200 AFL games.''
Dumont, 18, is uncertain just what impact his grand final performance had had on recruiters.
"It was good to play well in the grand final - the first half anyway - but what AFL clubs take out of that I'm not really sure,'' he said.
"It was a bit humbling to poll Jack Oatey Medal votes but whether that helps my draft standing I guess we'll have to wait and see.''
Dumont already was a certainty to be drafted, having shone in 11 league games for the Redlegs before the grand final.
But his performance on the big stage highlighted just what a talent he is and could see him shoot into late first-round draft contention.
Born in Victoria, Dumont moved to Adelaide with his family when he was eight after his dad, Warren, was transferred through his employment.
He started playing football at Golden Grove before joining Norwood's development squads.
Dumont models his game on Sydney running machine Daniel Hannebery and is equally adept at winning the hard ball at stoppages and creating havoc on the outside with his run and penetrating right-foot kick.
"I am extremely competitive,'' he said.
"I like to be in and under the contest but I also like to spread and run hard when I get the chance.''
Dumont is a lifelong Essendon fan who idolises premiership captain and Brownlow Medallist James Hird.
Hird has coached the Bombers for the past three years but has been suspended from the role in 2014 because of the supplements scandal.
"I'd love to get drafted by Essendon because it's a great club and to be coached by Hird one day would be a nice bonus,'' Dumont said.

TRENT DUMONT
DRAFT TIP: 18-30.
Height: 186cm.
Weight: 83kg.
Club: Norwood. Position: Midfielder.
Honours: Norwood premiership player 2013; Norwood Rising Star 2013; AIS-AFL Academy 2013; SA U18 national championship player 2013.
Scouting report: Hard-running midfielder who can win the ball inside and outside the contest. Showed he can already match it with men by starring in the SANFL grand final for the Redlegs. Dangerous around goal.

Jesus ******* christ

The lack of a * tells me he was probably serious...

Dumont is a lifelong Essendon fan who idolises premiership captain and Brownlow Medallist James Hird.
Hird has coached the Bombers for the past three years but has been suspended from the role in 2014 because of the supplements scandal.
"I'd love to get drafted by Essendon because it's a great club and to be coached by Hird one day would be a nice bonus,'' Dumont said.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Jesus ******* christ

I will pretend I never read that part. Welcome, Trent - it's been too long since our last one.

Idolises Hird.

Do not want. Delist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once he's reeducated after reading the Sympathy for * thread he'll be fine.

Welcome to the greatest club of all Trent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Jesus ******* christ

Not a good start. I hope he ends up a better player than Garlett or he could quickly succeed Liam Anthony as the resident whipping boy on this board

He'll learn to hate * after a couple of Roos Vs * build ups with the boys.

I'm sure the boys will give him a hard ribbing about it when he gets to Utah.

Welcome Trent.

Roopassion

Team Captain
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah wrapped to get him, he's a nice height at 186 and has a nice blend of inside/out. He's modelled his game on Dan Hanners hopedully it all pans out the sane so far at the same pick so good.

last time I saw him play he shat me to tears. But thats what happens when you watch an 18 year old kid rip up against your team in a GF. If he has a good preseason he could rip up the NAB cup (or what ever it is next year) and put real pressure on our current mids. He's handled the step up to SANFL easily and will do very well in the VFL. Its going to be supper competitive for the last couple of spots in our first 22.

Back