Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

In Trent's debut against Geelong he was very much a crafty half-forward. His U18 highlights showed a bit of him as a leading forward with decent bang on his kicks.

That said not sure why his midfield credentials are being questioned.

I think its just his lack of standout ... anything. He's a good solid player and if he isn't in the senior side in future its cos there are better players which would only make us a better side. One thing i hope Rhyce does is rotate players during the season anyway. I reckon the low number of senior players we played during the season in past years cost us at the end of every season. Even this year a bit.

So he's evenly skilled in many areas?

Yes. He is.

The reality is if someone or many someones (cos there other players who'd go before him imo) force him out of the side then its cos we have improved significantly. Anderson, Garner, Turner, Dumont and Atley are all around the same level imo, Zurhaar too probably. Simpkin, if he doesn't continue his improvement as well but I suspect he will.

Don't get me wrong either - I value all of those players. They are all very good players and replacing them would require even better ones. (Gaff maybe on a wing for example.) Given Whitecross's comments about the lack of clarity for players roles under Scott I think we'll see better output from those players anyway this year. I imagine that is what the coaching staff expect.

I think he is more suited to being an inside player, but we are playing him on the outside. He is a B grade inside player and a C grade outside player IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels as if some (here) only started paying more attention to Trent this year, after his elite wingman status from last year. Unfortunately, this year he displayed a tendency to shank a few kicks that in previous years he was not only nailing, but which were part of his strength, and one of the criticisms of the poor football judges focuses his kicking. I'm backing him to rediscover his kicking form, despite seeing his overall DE improve year on year. His USP is, ironically, a symbiotic link role.

I didn’t see this coming at all. Top 10 for sure but equal third? Good effort Trent. I’m probably guilty of ball watching at the footy rather then watching the whole field. He must do a lot of stuff that the average punter (like myself) misses
I have watched him a lot and think he is the hardest worker in our team. He works extremely hard to pick up loose players from the opposition and to provide options when we have the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back