Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

I checked the whole years a while back. From memory his 2019 was statistically better in most categories (metres gained being the main one to drop by). Not sure how you'd quickly break it into part seasons and not sure what those stats above tell you in the end given they're pretty close - possibly that his performances were largely the same and that he is a solid cog in the machine that will look better when the rest of the team are flying...?

Thanks.

I'm referring to 1st and 2nd half of actual matches.

Thanks.

I'm referring to 1st and 2nd half of actual matches.

Ah, my bad. Yeah beyond my google fu. I think that's a common perception of him though unsure whether that makes his place in the team more vulnerable in the long term as the mix in the team or our style - or the broader style - changes.

My take is that he generally runs out games very strongly and is relatively ineffectual earlier in matches.

This falls back to his training work rate and lift in endurance.

I just wish the bloke had greater "hurt" factor. Maybe this will also evolve in time.

My take is that he generally runs out games very strongly and is relatively ineffectual earlier in matches.

This falls back to his training work rate and lift in endurance.

I just wish the bloke had greater "hurt" factor. Maybe this will also evolve in time.

It's why I would like to see him play high half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging on this preseason and tonight, Froggy could probably be renamed "Butters".

And I love the bloke.

Just grab the footy son.
His skills were appalling tonight. But at least we know that's an aberration.

Other long established players had equally bad skills, but they always have.

On LG-H930 using BigFooty.com mobile app

His skills were appalling tonight. But at least we know that's an aberration.

Other long established players had equally bad skills, but they always have.

On LG-H930 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, he just seems to be snatching at it a bit at the moment. I'm just being a bit critical a bit i guess because I know he's so much better than what he's shown so far this pre season.

The other blokes I think you're alluding to, well, I kind of expect them to be bog ordinary as per.

Early doors and all of course :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back