Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

What’s he up to?

Going off his performances in the past 2 years, he’s nothing if not consistent. He lacks weapons and can butcher it a bit, but you can always count on him to be running hard at the end of games.
Just hope he matures at a quicker rate so he can reach his full potential

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Just hope he matures at a quicker rate so he can reach his full potential
Unless you're hinting at knowing that there is something specific not right in relation to his preparation, Trent is someone who I perceive has very much matured, with his inclusion in the leadership group one sign that this is recognised.

I'm hoping he regains his best form, of 2018, which saw him ranked as an elite wingman.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unless you're hinting at knowing that there is something specific not right in relation to his preparation, Trent is someone who I perceive has very much matured, with his inclusion in the leadership group one sign that this is recognised.

I'm hoping he regains his best form, of 2018, which saw him ranked as an elite wingman.
he again played some good footy to finish off the year. Because he doesnt have the class of Higgins or the inside bull qualities of Cunners doesnt make him average. He works hard defensively, he is a pack horse who does things that allows our best players to play to their strengths. Every club has a Dumont, rated internally for doing the team things that aren't viewed as positively outside the 4 walls of the club.

Dumont demonstrated in the most recent hit out that he isnt likely to ever be the big banana in the middle, but that is okay because as the kids improve and Cunners and Higgo continue to hover around the pointy end of the games elite, he will keep chugging away, running end to end, creating space, chasing opponents and working hard defensively.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
he again played some good footy to finish off the year. Because he doesnt have the class of Higgins or the inside bull qualities of Cunners doesnt make him average. He works hard defensively, he is a pack horse who does things that allows our best players to play to their strengths. Every club has a Dumont, rated internally for doing the team things that aren't viewed as positively outside the 4 walls of the club.

Dumont demonstrated in the most recent hit out that he isnt likely to ever be the big banana in the middle, but that is okay because as the kids improve and Cunners and Higgo continue to hover around the pointy end of the games elite, he will keep chugging away, running end to end, creating space, chasing opponents and working hard defensively.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Preaching to the choir. ;)

And, he needs to tidy up his disposals.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Preaching to the choir. ;)

And, he needs to tidy up his disposals.
sorry mate wasnt a preach to you, just supporting your position on trent being a leader now. My ramblings are more targetted at some of the other posts i have read. And yep, feel he was a bit cleaner a couple years back. He will be good again this year

My impression was that over the last couple of years he had become a real leader on and off the field.
Hope everything is ok with him.

2019 was a bit of stagnant year. Not to say he didn’t do well in the BnF but he really didn’t kick on off 2018s good work.
Hopefully he does that this year as we will be an infinitely better side

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It's not hard to see why he's in the leadership group.

I know I've said it on here before but his longer interviews are very refreshing.

He can speak in a footy player kind of drawl but dig a little deeper and you see he never gives cliched responses and seems to have (in a good sense) very well formed ideas on his teammates and the dynamics of the group.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Forgotten man.

Gave Scully a touch up on the wing tonight.

Averaging 20p, 5m, 4t per game this year with reduced quarters.

Very honest and consistent. I just wish we could get more offensive hurt out of him.

Back