Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think he's anything more than serviceable, but I have to give credit where it's due. We needed a linking wingman after Gibson, and this guy dropped a s**t tonne of fat and picked up a s**t tonne of fitness to be able to run all day.

There are plenty of blokes, including our captain, who haven't been able to improve their fitness when it has been needed.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think he's anything more than serviceable, but I have to give credit where it's due. We needed a linking wingman after Gibson, and this guy dropped a sh*t tonne of fat and picked up a sh*t tonne of fitness to be able to run all day.

There are plenty of blokes, including our captain, who haven't been able to improve their fitness when it has been needed.
Lead the whole side for pressure acts last season. On track to do the same this year. He isn't a gun, just puts his head down and bum up and gets to work. And that is okay.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People who don’t rate this guy are football illiterate. In fact, they’re certified moronic.

He is slow and can’t kick.

Makes dumb decisions every week which cost goals.

There is not a team in the league that would pay more than pick 30-35 for this bloke in a compromised draft.

Just another 200 game crab taking us nowhere.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Lead the whole side for pressure acts last season. On track to do the same this year. He isn't a gun, just puts his head down and bum up and gets to work. And that is okay.

No one is doubting his defensive impact.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
* me. If Trent was either unfit or picking and choosing his contests his disposal would look a lot sharper.

Maybe just may be he's one of the few running hard start to finish every week and not conserving energy to pop up with a couple of glory hunter highlights.

He's nearer our next captain than our next piece of trade bait.

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
He's too slow. Too slow and lacking another weapon. If he could take a decent grab that would help a lot. If he could run like he does and had an extra yard of pace he'd be invaluable. If we had a team with a bunch of fast runners he'd also be invaluable. For mine he's one of a list of players that we need to make smart decisions on - not that he should go as the only option, but we can't have all of them on the list. His age is a massive asset and I have no doubt in a very good team he'd be a valuable role player. Rawlings has 2 years of serious nuts to the wall work to do and players are going to hate him.
Well said

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
fu** me. If Trent was either unfit or picking and choosing his contests his disposal would look a lot sharper.

Maybe just may be he's one of the few running hard start to finish every week and not conserving energy to pop up with a couple of glory hunter highlights.

He's nearer our next captain than our next piece of trade bait.
LOL. If Dumont ever becomes captain of NM - it’s time to shut the club down.
I thought I’d read everything til I read that!!! This forum never fails to deliver.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You’ve seen the impact Brad Hill has had on St.Kilda whilst we’ve spent a decade playing slow crabs who can’t kick.

Yes he is a good player, I’m sure he is also a decent leader, but he isn’t good at being a wingman which is his only position.

He is shithouse in D50 and doesn’t kick goals. What is his role?

He is neither a defensive or attack minded player. He has not stood up in Cunners or Ziebell’s or LDU or JEDs absence.

He is the guy walking around the office holding a sheet of paper, but not actually doing anything.

Apr 16, 2007
Warragul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You’ve seen the impact Brad Hill has had on St.Kilda whilst we’ve spent a decade playing slow crabs who can’t kick.

Yes he is a good player, I’m sure he is also a decent leader, but he isn’t good at being a wingman which is his only position.

He is neither a defensive or attack minded player. He has not stood up in Cunners or Ziebell’s or LDU or JEDs absence.

He is the guy walking around the office holding a sheet of paper, but not actually doing anything.
Intwr

Close to our most consistent player. Should be one of the first picked every week

Sep 24, 2018
Lockdown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Internally this bloke is rated really high. Has shown to put in the extra work in every off-season when others were taking the piss, he was doing extra running sessions and weights to improve his game. The scum went after him a few years back and he told them he's a shinboner through and through. One of the hardest workers at the club, gives his all and has been our most consistent. Sure, he might miss a target here and there but he gives you a crack each week. His game has improved year by year (look at his stats) and he is in the right age bracket to take his game to the next level. He was elite in 2018 according to champion data. We need more blokes like this around our youngsters (Scott, Mahony, LDU, Thomas etc) to show them how to be be a professional athlete. I know times in 2019 Dumont would go out of his way and invest in his own recovery just to improve his game. He is a leader in this group on and off the field.

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
There isn’t many games you come away from and say he was in our best 5 or 6, but you never come away and say he was in the worst 5 or 6 on the ground.

He gets the job done every week.
Like Atley hey? The acceptance of mediocrity is what has seen us, and will continue to see us, remain a mid-table team at best. I’d actually like to see us win a flag this decade, rather than watching average footballers “getting the job done” - whatever that means???

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yeh not like he's in the leadership group and places top 5 in Syds.

3-4 of his disposals yesterday would have been opposition goals from turnovers against the top 4-6 sides.

He's a 25 year old 90 game midfielder now and his delivery by foot inside 50 is horrendous.

It needs addressing.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Back