Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Froggy is keeping out Swallow at the moment
qdR4G_f-maxage-0.gif

Win-Win!

guapo

All Australian
Aug 24, 2005
fitzroy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I think froggy is a touch tired. Has been quieter the last few weeks. 8 straight games against some very good midfields and high minutes in the centre, big step up from last year's expectations

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got bashed up by the hardest pack in the comp.

He will learn from it.
I'm sure he will and we need to keep going with blokes like Dumont.

The problem is that 5 years ago we were saying that Zeib's and Cunners will l'earn from the beatings' they copped back then.

I'm sure they learned a lot as well but 5 years on we are still getting beaten to a pulp by better, stronger, faster midfields.

I thought with Zeib's and Cunners in their mid 20's, 150 games, that we wouldn't see again what we saw tonight in the first half.

I thought those days were finished and that would be the dominant mid field that other teams would talk about.

It hasn't worked out for us and we need to go back to the mid field drawing board - which of course we are doing with talk of Kelly and Martin.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm sure they learned a lot as well but 5 years on we are still getting beaten to a pulp by better, stronger, faster midfields.

What do you mean "still getting beaten"?

We have come off 2 x preliminary final finishes in 2014 & 2015 and then an injury cruelled season which I expect would have seen us finish at least that high again..

FMD, some people overexaggerate our losses to an absurd extent..

I thought with Zeib's and Cunners in their mid 20's, 150 games, that we wouldn't see again what we saw tonight in the first half.

One has a Syd barker and been a runner up in two top 4 finish years, and the other was runner up last year by 6 votes. It's the young blokes around them that make their loads exponentially harder to carry.

Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride. Today won't be that last time a more hardened & experienced side touches us up.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
watching JZ nearly slot that one from 60 tonight and given he is a very good mark he has all the tools to be pushed forward which could have been a better option than having wood and loogie there as BBBs backup. only problem is it leaves a gaping hole in the middle atm,

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hoping the concussion scare was just that, a scare, as he missed last week with concussion as well. In the old days I'd think "whoopdidoo, he's a tough mofo" but these days clubs tend to play it far safer with such things.

He was bloody good today!

motlopfan

All Australian
May 18, 2003
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Just watched the replay and Dumont was not on the bench in the last couple of minutes. The players on the pine were McDonald, Atley, Garner and Vickers-Willis with about 2 minutes left in the game. Obviously cleared of concussion, so hopefully good to go next week.

Just watched the replay and Dumont was not on the bench in the last couple of minutes. The players on the pine were McDonald, Atley, Garner and Vickers-Willis with about 2 minutes left in the game. Obviously cleared of concussion, so hopefully good to go next week.

Scott said as much in his presser. He could go to Cotchin next week, or we may just have Jacobs walk in front of Cotchin at the top of the players' race as they enter the ground, which would see him changing shorts pronto.

Go get 'em Froggy!

Back