Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade or delist what players?

And get what instead?

How, over the 4 drafts from 2011 to 2014, could we have used the picks better? Don't even confine it to one year, because I acknowledge you can back yourself into a corner year-on-year (e.g., needing 3 KPDs by the time 2014 came along). You can trade out Basti and Black at their peak value, let's say each for an early 2nd.
I'm not going through the draft picking alternative selections Our list consists of too many inside mids and HB flankers, obviously they are trying to rectify this but imo they went after the wrong attributes in certain players and Dumont is one of them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

******* LOL.

The kid has had a poor month, but he's just that, a kid. And he's already shown in his fledgling career that he can perform to a very high standard.

Will be a genuine gun, and people will rue some of their garbage comments over the last few pages; almost to 'stick a fork in him' proportions.

******* LOL.

The kid has had a poor month, but he's just that, a kid. And he's already shown in his fledgling career that he can perform to a very high standard.

Will be a genuine gun, and people will rue some of their garbage comments over the last few pages; almost to 'stick a fork in him' proportions.
Exactly, Cunnington was dropped to the VFL before hitting his straps and becoming a consistent AFL performer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So glad to have him back in form. I suspect his confidence was down after a string of less than decent games.

He can definitely play and I hope the rest of the season will see more of today's efforts.

Dumont: 4 clearances, 2 stoppages and 3 tackles in 82% TOG.

Merrett: 9, 7 & 3 in 76% TOG
Parish: 6, 4 & 2 in 74% TOG

Trent is going to have to double that output on a week by week basis if he is going to find a spot in a top 4 midfield.

If we land Kelly & Martin, then Trent becomes a surplus player on his current output.

Trent is going to have to double that output on a week by week basis if he is going to find a spot in a top 4 midfield.

If we land Kelly & Martin, then Trent becomes a surplus player on his current output.

Why are you comparing him to Merrett? He's one of the best mids in the game.

We won't land either kelly or Martin

Why does the same not apply to Cunners and Higgo despite being vastly more experienced than he?

Really don't get your hard on for Dumont. Aside from a burst of pace he has it all; class, hardness, inside and outside ability, footy smarts and a great kick. He's already performed at a really high level despite being a sub-50 gamer. All due respect, but some of your comments on him have been unnecessarily vitriolic and have come far too early. He will be some player when he hits the 75-80 game mark.

Why does the same not apply to Cunners and Higgo despite being vastly more experienced than he?

Really don't get your hard on for Dumont. Aside from a burst of pace he has it all; class, hardness, inside and outside ability, footy smarts and a great kick. He's already performed at a really high level despite being a sub-50 gamer. All due respect, but some of your comments on him have been unnecessarily vitriolic and have come far too early. He will be some player when he hits the 75-80 game mark.
Hard on?

Otherwise yeah. S_B is bit harsh I reckon. Some of his handballs in close were neat and released others well. It's also good to have a mid who can deliver a good I50 and kick a goal.

Merrett 33D, 2 marks. 0.0
Parish 23D, no marks. 1.0
Dumont 28D, 5 marks. 1.0

Why are you comparing him to Merrett? He's one of the best mids in the game.

Merrett is an excellent comparison. They are both in the same age and draft bracket.

I'm pointing out that Dumonts output would be that of a surplus player in a top 4 side. This bloke is just a list filler.

Don't bother bringing up his age either. Andrew Swallow won a Syd Barker Medal at the same age that Dumont is now.

Merrett is an excellent comparison. They are both in the same age and draft bracket.

I'm pointing out that Dumonts output would be that of a surplus player in a top 4 side. This bloke is just a list filler.

Don't bother bringing up his age either. Andrew Swallow won a Syd Barker Medal at the same age that Dumont is now.
Merrett has played 40-odd more games than Dumont. He's about two seasons more experienced. Age is irrelevant.

And just lol at him being a list filler. You genuinely could not be more wrong. He's already a very good player who's already performed at a high level and will only get better. A poor month does not the footballer make.

Merrett has played 40-odd more games than Dumont. He's about two seasons more experienced. Age is irrelevant.

And just lol at him being a list filler. You genuinely could not be more wrong. He's already a very good player who's already performed at a high level and will only get better. A poor month does not the footballer make.

All good mate he decided to base his wisdom upon trents poor track carrying a couple of injuries and is too headstrong to ever admit that any calls he made are shithouse or go back and admit he might have jumped the gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back