Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty standard for our midfield.

In fairness to Dumont I only started watch closely after half time. He looked stuffed. Maybe he'll work his way into the season.

In fairness to Dumont I only started watch closely after half time. He looked stuffed. Maybe he'll work his way into the season.
Thanks to Western Power I too didn't see the first half. I was able to see the abomination of the second half, and thought Dunstall was harsh on Froggy. Skills let him down a bit, but unlike so many others he didn't lose his head.

Thought he was pretty good myself.

Yeah. I went with a mind to watch him. When he has the ball most of the time he's pretty tidy. Doesn't seem to have too many issues getting it enough either (something our mids generally lack). That said - he was very unaccountable at times and gave their mids a free run at it many times. A lot of the time he was the weak link that they would run through. He was struggling after half time.

Thought he was pretty good myself.
Me too I thought he was hard at it and won some important ball that gave us first use and shots on goal.

Not his fault the forward line couldn't hit the side of a barn!

Now the million dollar question what happens next week with Cunners coming back in? we can't play Swallow, JZ, Cunners and Froggy all in the same midfield..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But then trails his opponents by 20+m when they are running forward in waves.

Every supporter knows that Cunnington, JZ, Swallow and Trent in the one midfield doesn't work.

One of them should've been moved on or traded at the end of last year(Swallow).

And Ziebell needs to have a 70/30 split playing up forward.

Players like Hrovat, Turner, Clarke, Mountford, Anderson(Simpkin in time) need to be developed to play serious minutes through the midfield.

Has become an AFL standard midfielder so gradually it has been hard to notice. Hope he can take the next step and become one of the very good ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back