Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Transitional player. When we build out the mids over the next two drafts, he will be squeezed out. Agree, no trait better than average

Just an average footballer.

Yeah - like Frog but has average speed average tank below average skills (loves a turnover when we’re streaming forward) and prob above average positioning

I’d see him as a guy that dominates VFL but I reckon needs to find a few gears if he’s gonna be first 22 for 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Mountford, Walker, Murphy Orr Hibberd a run in his role. Just not offering enough.
Mountford is the one I rate to do that, that is most ready (but injured atm).

But I think theres still room for improvement for Trent, but he is one on our list I don't rate that highly.

With Simpkin, Higgins, BenC, Jacobs, LDU in the midfield mix, I see Ahern as possibly adding to that in 3-4 weeks and I think Trent needs to collect bigger numbers and improve skills to add value since he is not quick or he's in a bit of trouble in the 22.

Would really love this guy to step up. Kinda just turns up every week and goes unnoticed..

I can't remember what quarter it was, but there was a passage of play where a Richmond player just brushed Dumont away with absolute ease, mostly due to one of the worst attempts at a tackle I've ever seen.

Unforgivable effort and hope the coaches roast him for it

He was OK again. Playing a mostly outside role, and is able to use his kicking skills to help us move through congestion at times. Had a lovely passage on the members wing where he sold the dummy, got round his opponent and hit a target amongst oppo players. If we're seriously contesting he's most likely depth, but handy depth nonetheless.

Have to say Tef was pretty spot on with his assessment of Trent last year.

Just pure vanilla. Does some good stuff but is not damaging enough to be slow and defensively suspect. Won't even be close to LDU and Ahern when they are up and running.

Jumped off Trent's bandwagon earlier this year, but that was a solid game today.
Stands up in tackles, and then gets ball free to advantage. His body strength is emerging as he progresses. Needs to keep working hard on increasing his influence, and being more effective and damaging when he has the ball in space.
A tick for today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back