Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely don't think he's much of a downgrade on Cunnington. Playing in the guts he will produce basically what cunners has done all season. Cunners best is obviously better but he hasn't looked like reaching it all year.
I see him more as a more skilled version of swallow in the following years.

The inclusion of cunnington (if it happens) seems hugely underrated on here. People suggesting they're not fussed over either dumont or cunnington being in have very short memories. Suggesting dumont is near the same level yet, please give me a spell.
Cunnington is a bull in the wet and having him in will be an enormous advantage for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inclusion of cunnington (if it happens) seems hugely underrated on here. People suggesting they're not fussed over either dumont or cunnington being in have very short memories. Suggesting dumont is near the same level yet, please give me a spell.
Cunnington is a bull in the wet and having him in will be an enormous advantage for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously Cunnington is the better player. But what Dumont produced last week was the same output as what Ben has produced all season. I would prefer having Ben playing more forward line this week if he did come in cause I'm confident froggy could produce what's needed in the middle.

Swallows first 10-20 would be quicker by a solid margin.

Even now?

You may be right, not sure, Swallow has lost a lot of his explosiveness - although it has been improving.

Obviously Cunnington is the better player. But what Dumont produced last week was the same output as what Ben has produced all season. I would prefer having Ben playing more forward line this week if he did come in cause I'm confident froggy could produce what's needed in the middle.
Dumont's game was nowhere near as dominant as Cunnington was against Adelaide or Sydney this year.

So a good game from Dumont is an average game from Cunners?
Yes at the moment. And my original point was that cunners has had an average season so the difference in the midfield won't be too much if we play Dumont in the guts and let cunners rest forward more

Was massive in contests last night.

Very determined player.

For a decent patch of the second quarter he seemed our most assured and determined ball hunter, all while keeping Sloane relatively quiet (at the time).

19 touches, 16 contested and 6 clearances. Decent effort.

Fell away in the second half with 5 touches.

tbh I'd rather froggy than cunners this week... we all know what he can do but for the most part cunners has been playing like he doesn't give a **** all year. On what he showed last week I reckon trent will give us more in the wet than Ben "I'm half asleep" Cunnington
26 tocuhes and 9 clearances! ben10 says hello

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a decent patch of the second quarter he seemed our most assured and determined ball hunter, all while keeping Sloane relatively quiet (at the time).

He was great in the second.

I got annoyed in the last quarter last night and drank 2 cans of OP rum so I need to rewatch the game to see how much of my memory is reliable. Based on that tho he was BOG in the second quarter imo. He probably needs AFL match fitness cos I think he's tired in the last half these last 2 games. The only thing that'll fix that is games under his belt tho. Its certainly not a mark against him. the intensity he brought last night was great. If he can do that for a whole game he will become as important as any of them except Wells. Especially in finals.

Ranked 1st amongst rising stars for clearances per game, contested possessions per game and tackles per game.

Also ranked 5th for inside 50's per game.

that is a massive effort considering we have cunnington, Ziebell and Swallow.
Also considering that Cunners and JZ have not been going forward because Anderson and Higgins havent been available to rotate through the middle. What it does do however is emphasise that we have a slow, contested, inside midfield without those rotations. All those guys average at least 50% contested ball.

I honestly think that with Wells, Higgins and Anderson fit we would be a much more fluid midfield and a more dangerous attacking force with the ability to sit Cunners and JZ forward.

Also considering that Cunners and JZ have not been going forward because Anderson and Higgins havent been available to rotate through the middle. What it does do however is emphasise that we have a slow, contested, inside midfield without those rotations. All those guys average at least 50% contested ball.

I honestly think that with Wells, Higgins and Anderson fit we would be a much more fluid midfield and a more dangerous attacking force with the ability to sit Cunners and JZ forward.

agree mate... it has been north's issue the past 5 years with not enough outside class and run to complement the inside mids.

agree mate... it has been north's issue the past 5 years with not enough outside class and run to complement the inside mids.
And when the pieces are at the club the get LTI's.

Angryfaceofangryness.

Ranked 1st amongst rising stars for clearances per game, contested possessions per game and tackles per game.

Also ranked 5th for inside 50's per game.
Has he been nominated yet?

He's going really well and i hope it continues. Geez our midfield speed is at an all time low though. Something has to change if we are going to keep up with the competitions best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back