Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

When is his court case?
North Melbourne AFL player Trent Dumont to face trial in SA in January 2017 over alleged taxi robbery

LAST week he was kicking a goal against Sydney — on Wednesday, North Melbourne footballer Trent Dumont learned he would stand trial in Adelaide next January over an alleged taxi robbery.

Dumont, 20, and his co-accused Joshua David Lomas, 20, appeared in the District Court on Monday for a pre-trial hearing.

Previously, prosecutors have alleged Dumont and Lomas, 20, threatened a taxi driver and demanded money in October 2014.

It is alleged that, when the driver refused their demands, one of the men stole a log book and got out of the taxi.

The driver was allegedly assaulted when he tried to get his book back, and it is further alleged the duo stole money from the taxi.

Dumont, who was released on bail, first faced court in November 2014 but the case suffered delays while prosecutors sought an additional statement from the alleged victim.

Following prosecutors’ second request for an adjournment, Dumont and Lomas pleaded not guilty to aggravated robbery in May last year.

The duo were originally due to stand a three-to-four day trial in April this year, however their case is now listed to be heard in January 2017.

Dumont made his AFL debut for the Kangaroos in April 2015, having impressed with his form for North Ballarat in the VFL competition.

The Adelaide-born inside midfielder was recruited by North Melbourne as the 30th pick in the 2015 National Draft, having first played for Norwood in the SANFL.

Dumont has forced his way into the ladder-leading Kangaroos team this year and kicked a goal during the team’s 26-point loss to the Sydney Swans at the SCG last week.

It was North Melbourne’s first loss for the 2016 season, with the side going down 91 to 65 after being behind at every change.

The match was the first in a six-week credibility test for North who have Richmond, Geelong, Hawthorn, Adelaide and West Coast to come.

Courtesy of giantroo

Cunnington is one if the best kicks in the team. Dumont arguably is now our best deliverer inside 50.
Agree. Cunners is a much underrated kick imo.
Lacks penetration and is pretty inconsistent. Not to the mention the amount of times he misjudges and kicks into the man on the mark.
Off the top of my heap Tarrant, Ziebell, Jacobs, Wright, Higgins, Brown, Wood, Dumont, McDonald and Macmillan are all better kicks. His kicking is average at very best.

Lacks penetration and is pretty inconsistent. Not to the mention the amount of times he misjudges and kicks into the man on the mark.
Off the top of my heap Tarrant, Ziebell, Jacobs, Wright, Higgins, Brown, Wood, Dumont, McDonald and Macmillan are all better kicks. His kicking is average at very best.

Then your not a very good judge of kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then your not a very good judge of kicking.
Maybe not but I watched him pretty closely this year and a lot of his kicks fell short or were cut off.
Probably only behind Swallow in lack of penetration now Nahas is gone (in before hackneyed Robbie Nahas has a big dick joke ie. Lacks penetration is bolded with the comment "bet that's the first time he's had that complaint :sternlook").

Think with more gametime and development, he could become our best inside midfielder.

Really like how he composes himself, and then deliver.

Swallow struggling, Cunners has (seemingly) gone backwards, Ziebell best playing utility role.

I'm confident he can be a Parker style player for us.

Last edited:
Think with more gametime and development, he could become our best inside midfielder.

Really like how he composes himself, and then deliver.

Swallow struggling, Cunners has (seemingly) gone backwards, Ziebell best playing utility role.

I'm confident he can be a Parker style player for us.
Our future is Dumont inside, Clarke outside. They both do both well.

Did any of that make sense??

Our future is Dumont inside, Clarke outside. They both do both well.

Did any of that make sense??
Lol Dumont inside
Not enough recognition for this post

We're joking about it cos he should be ok - a slap on the wrist most likely. From what i've heard about the incident it was pretty mild and there were possibly extenuating circumstances. Certainly not a vicious or brutal attack, more a dispute. (Dunno if the cabbie sees it that way.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back