15,000 Weaklings

Remove this Banner Ad

What madtige is saying is that thousands of Richmond fans didn't bother going to a R2 game against arguably our biggest rival because they didn't want to go. This meant the club we support looked like a minnow compared to the biggest in the game and our team had less support than theirs. Why it is so difficult to simply agree with that simple truth is beyond me.

The problem is that he has NOTHING to back up his argument.

We were not playing Carlton this week, but Collingwood, so there is one variable. Maybe it's that Collingwood supporters didn't turn up.

Maybe lots of Tigers supporters thought we would lose. Maybe it was not good because everyone goes away for holiday. Maybe lots of things.

The guy is full of s**t and so is his argument.

We were not playing Carlton this week, but Collingwood, so there is one variable. Maybe it's that Collingwood supporters didn't turn up.

Maybe lots of Tigers supporters thought we would lose. Maybe it was not good because everyone goes away for holiday. Maybe lots of things.

Dan the bookies game the Pies a 35 point start. Fact is that more or less everyone expected the Pies to win. However we simply can't argue that the low attendance was because they didn't turn up. I know they were at home but the massively outnumbered us. Its not possible to pretend otherwise.

Maybe Madtige is too obsessed but anyone has to agree it is disappointing to be so heavily outnumbered ( and we were mate ) by the Pies. Personally I aspire to see us up with C'wood drawing bumper crowds and creating a sense of occasion. No harm being disappointed when we fall short.

Dan the bookies game the Pies a 35 point start. Fact is that more or less everyone expected the Pies to win. However we simply can't argue that the low attendance was because they didn't turn up. I know they were at home but the massively outnumbered us. Its not possible to pretend otherwise.

Maybe Madtige is too obsessed but anyone has to agree it is disappointing to be so heavily outnumbered ( and we were mate ) by the Pies. Personally I aspire to see us up with C'wood drawing bumper crowds and creating a sense of occasion. No harm being disappointed when we fall short.

I was there, didn't feel outnumbered where I was sitting.

And there is a difference between being disappointed and being a ****wit and calling people weaklings. That is what pisses me off.

What career would anyone want from a job involving Saturday night shifts? lolAnyway, it was the 20,000 supporters who were there last night. The 15,000 fans stayed home. They can't complain about being labelled fans. They need to earn the supporter tag :)
Tell that to the staff trying to save your life at 1am.....
From now on hospitals should be closed on weekends for the football......KNOB!!:confused:

I know they were at home but the massively outnumbered us. Its not possible to pretend otherwise.
So a club that has 70k+ members has a home game against a team with 45k members and you are surprised that they outnumbered us?

Come off it, the low crowd was because it was in the middle of Easter, look at what playing on days like mothers day does to crowd numbers, family takes the first priority, end of story.

My job is 2 days,2 nights,4 off. Work that out in your little brain MT and see how often you end up working on a weekend.
Secondly I'd love to know your age/family situation.. I like many am in a shared custodRy situation but I should just tell my daughter sorry I have to go to the football.

Finally after years and years of going week in week out I can't be arsed.Yep I'll go when I feel like it. Sometimes I have the weekend free but cannot be bothered with sitting amongst idiots like you or having to refrain from smacking smartarse opposition supporters in the mouth.This I find very hard now days.

On Saturday night I chose to have a meal and a bottle of red and watch where I could flick it over to sky racing whenever I wanted and I'm very happy I did.

Sorry to let you down,and I'm sorry to the boys that I cost them the game too.

You don't question why 15,000 more showed up the week before?

There's a reason why they have an 11 home game membership, I'd assume money is an issue for a lot of people. Get out your sandwich boards and wander the streets of Richmond with your concerns, I wouldn't question the passion of BF posters and your obsession with numbers is concerning.

I never go to collingwood or Carlton home games. I have no intention of ever handing a red cent over to those scumbags.

Weak excuses. Plenty of you let us down. You're either a Richmond supporter or a Richmond fan. Make your mind up :cool:

Weak excuses. Plenty of you let us down. You're either a Richmond supporter or a Richmond fan. Make your mind up :cool:

Use that feeble brain of yours to consider the possibility that it was Collingwood supporters that did not show up.

I was at the game anyhow.

I work 4 weeks on 4 weeks off so can't get to every game unless I want to give up a wage on par with league footballers. **** it, I have been a member since 1994 when I was 21 years old. I don't need to justify myself to you.

Use that feeble brain of yours to consider the possibility that it was Collingwood supporters that did not show up.

I was at the game anyhow.

I work 4 weeks on 4 weeks off so can't get to every game unless I want to give up a wage on par with league footballers. **** it, I have been a member since 1994 when I was 21 years old. I don't need to justify myself to you.

Would have been 35k+ pies there. 20k tigers at most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except you can't prove that, can you. Just like you can't prove that those who didn't turn up are 'weaklings'.

Just admit it was a stupid thing to say and let this thread sink to the bottom.

do you follow football or membership/attendance figures?

do you stand at the gate and cheer when ever a richmond supporter enters?

wave your flag around when someone buys a membership at the membership tent?

bumper sticker reading 46,200.. or whatever our figure is ?

celebrate when we get a new young gun to our membership department?

i was bored.

for someone as hell bent as you are on having high membership numbers, you sure are going out of you way to alienate as many supporters as you can

Last night the crowd was disgraceful. 15,000 Richmond supporters only turn up when we have at least 50% chance of winning.

sorry that is just rubbish, there were easily 20,000+ supporters, i go every week and no way on earth there were only 15K tiger supporters, even watch the game on record and listen to the roar of ball or some of the goals that went through even on the night there i thought gee we have good support tonight not massive like Rd 1 but overall i was ok with our turnout....i had the break up as coll 35K and Richmond 22K.....sure the week before V the blues being our home game and RD 1 we had an army there 45/50,000 tigers and about 30,000 odd blues supporters...

Would have been 35,000 tigers at Round 1.

try 45,000+ for RD 1 u hardly heard the blues fans until the last term when they were kicking goal after goal and our fans just went quiet which is totally understandable, when we ran on the ground last week was loud and when we kicked goals early and laid countless tackles (ballllll) the noise was so crisp and bloody loud just echoed, even when fans put up the signs to win 1,000 dollars i could not believe the whole southern and Olympic stands were a sea of yellow and black....had these blues fans behind me in the AFL reserve and one says have a look theres 60,000 of em and thats all they can hang there hat on how about winning a game etc.....60K was a little over the top but easily we had the majority of the crowd 45-50,000 tigers fans....

PS: Easter wouldve hurt our turn out more than the pies and our away game and the fact that playing the pies they have beaten us plenty of late u must take these things into consideration, not everyone is hard core, normally there is 10 of us tigers that go only 4 went on sat nite had it not been easter think the crowd wouldve hit bout 65K...

Honestly going to the game is a shitfull experience now.
I loved going to the footy so much when it was every Saturday.
Shits me how you play different times and days and people just give me the shots now also.

Richmond have turned me into a grumpy ******** at games when sitting among these pricks who rub our noses in it.Last year when Essendon beat us these two f***** smart Essendon supporters were just giving it to us so I started really having a crack,eventually they lost it and it ended with me having this young prick with his shirt up around his ear holes until I realized what I was doing.

Bad enough at any time but even more special when you're there with your missus and her parents. Haha they were in complete shock as I'm the golden boy.
It's just not good for me haha so i like to go if I can just sneak along by myself and hide somewhere these days.

sorry that is just rubbish, there were easily 20,000+ supporters, i go every week and no way on earth there were only 15K tiger supporters, even watch the game on record and listen to the roar of ball or some of the goals that went through even on the night there i thought gee we have good support tonight not massive like Rd 1 but overall i was ok with our turnout....i had the break up as coll 35K and Richmond 22K.....sure the week before V the blues being our home game and RD 1 we had an army there 45/50,000 tigers and about 30,000 odd blues supporters...

There were 15,000 missing in Round 2. They couldn't be bothered going. Thats pretty much it. Yeah a couple of hundred may have worked but not the other 14,800 :cool:

Honestly going to the game is a shitfull experience now.
I loved going to the footy so much when it was every Saturday.
Shits me how you play different times and days and people just give me the shots now also.

Richmond have turned me into a grumpy ******** at games when sitting among these pricks who rub our noses in it.Last year when Essendon beat us these two f***** smart Essendon supporters were just giving it to us so I started really having a crack,eventually they lost it and it ended with me having this young prick with his shirt up around his ear holes until I realized what I was doing.

Bad enough at any time but even more special when you're there with your missus and her parents. Haha they were in complete shock as I'm the golden boy.
It's just not good for me haha so i like to go if I can just sneak along by myself and hide somewhere these days.

It does get to be a chore after 20+ years of going to 15+ games a season for only 2 finals appearances. I have much more reason not to go than the 15,000 who didn't show up on Saturday. I was there still. Gen Y need toughening up. Soft as butter and they know it but they continue to make excuses :D

There were 15,000 missing in Round 2. They couldn't be bothered going. Thats pretty much it. Yeah a couple of hundred may have worked but not the other 14,800 :cool:
What about the ones who had their kids for Easter?
The ones who travelled home to family for Easter?
The ones with three kids and it costs $500 every time they go?
The younguns who have girlfriends/boyfriends to root?

FFS who gives a s**t that a club with nearly twice as many members got more supporters at the game.
If this bothers you so much you need serious help

Remove this Banner Ad

Back