Past #15: Atu Bosenavulagi - drafted #77 '18 ND by CFC - traded to NM as part of Stepho/BBB deal - 8 NM games/1 NM goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game. His only faults today were giving away a couple of free kicks. Much rather that than him giving his opponent too much room. A lot to work with !

The two frees were 50/50. I thought he was stiff on both occasions. Just as you say, I would much rather he be there with his man and putting on the pressure he applied than not.

Some us of have a massive propensity to write off players completely and inflate other players off the back of single performances. It’s almost pathological. Very good work by Atu today. He’s certainly a positive and in the mix. It all looks good for our depth.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plenty to work with in Atu.

Good wheels, looks to have the required defensive attributes to work with and goes when required. Like the look of him off HB.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was nice hearing the the both positive (I know these players) and sad (we let them go for peanuts) tones in Eddie's voice when they both did good things over a few minutes at one point.

It was nice hearing the the both positive (I know these players) and sad (we let them go for peanuts) tones in Eddie's voice when they both did good things over a few minutes at one point.
Yeah Atu hitting the Stevo lead was gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty to work with in Atu.

Good wheels, looks to have the required defensive attributes to work with and goes when required. Like the look of him off HB.

What I liked was some of his disposals, he was willing to attack with pace and hit a team mate on the chest, I think he ended up with a half dozen score involvements. He could be the person to replace Hall in the coming years.

Improved as the game went on. Showed signs, including composure when kicking under pressure / to leads. Important given early on he looked like he could be shaky. We’ll done Atu.

When Bonar and Hayden come back he’ll struggle to get a game. If he gets in front of them then we have a player. Good competition for spots. Probably add Turner to that group as well. sh*t as I’m writing this I think maybe it’s Atley that will struggle…
It is nice to be in a place that there is competition for spots.

When Bonar and Hayden come back he’ll struggle to get a game. If he gets in front of them then we have a player. Good competition for spots. Probably add Turner to that group as well. sh*t as I’m writing this I think maybe it’s Atley that will struggle…

I think he's already better than Hayden imo.

Faster
Stronger overhead
Cleaner at ground level

But the most important thing is he's an excellent kick.

Hayden will be delisted imo.

Bonar and Atu can co-exist in that backline.

I think he's already better than Hayden imo.

Faster
Stronger overhead
Cleaner at ground level

But the most important thing is he's an excellent kick.

Hayden will be delisted imo.

Bonar and Atu can co-exist in that backline.

Agree. Bonar is more unique where he takes the more powerful mid sized players, who we struggle with regularly.

Atu should be in the mix for the more lockdown role. He and Turner are pretty close but I think Atu is stronger through the hips and is a considerably better kick. Just depends how they develop. Perez, Ziebell, Atley and Walker are also in the mix and I also prefer LMac in defence so think he locks up a spot. With three talls, there isn’t enough spots for all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree. Bonar is more unique where he takes the more powerful mid sized players, who we struggle with regularly.

Atu should be in the mix for the more lockdown role. He and Turner are pretty close but I think Atu is stronger through the hips and is a considerably better kick. Just depends how they develop. Perez, Ziebell, Atley and Walker are also in the mix and I also prefer LMac in defence so think he locks up a spot. With three talls, there isn’t enough spots for all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It was Atu's 8th game today, he's played less AFL football than charlie Lazzaro.

Even in his early season games when we were getting absolutely pummled in the midfield, I was really shocked he was dropped, thought he along with Bonar were showing more than any other kid in the side in the first half of the season.

No reason he can't become an attacking HBF'er either. He has every tool. I think he will be a more than handy intercept mark also.

If i was to rank them

Bonar -> Atu -> Young -> Hayden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back