Player Watch Billy Stretch - delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Lulz. Is he any good? Gotta love how even our officials and the media are taking a piss on North.

At this stage the only important part of the article for mine is:
Stretch has acted as a mascot for the team when it has played at AAMI Stadium.

"They're my favourite team," the Year 8 Immanuel College student said.

"Because dad played there, I've loved them since I was a little kid."
Acting as a mascot and a big Demon fan is a good thing if he becomes good enough in a few years time.

haha mascot turned player...reminds me of the waterboy..

waterboy.jpg

Nice news about Stretch - although he is very young so Ill wait a year or 2 before getting excited.

The context of the article is hilrious though. Basically going from the potential demise of the North Melbourne Football Club due to the non-commital of state funding, into an article about Melbourne's potential 13 year old recruit.

Hilarious :D

So, what I do is, I start tackling the quarterback, unless he gives the ball to somebody else, in which case, I try to tackle that person.

"see children..this brings me to my next point..don't do crack"

They've just chopped that out of an Adelaide news article, full article is here

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/demons-zero-in-on-billy-the-kid/story-fn76njus-1225963357647

He's still 4 years away, but from the full article there are very promising signs along with his love of Melbourne & he's know Jack Viney all his life

Hardrunning midfielder Billy, modelling his game on dual Brownlow Medallist Chris Judd's, is a junior standout. A state athletics champion, last season he starred at under-14 level for SANFL club Glenelg and SAAFL club Henley Sharks, where he has already won six best-and-fairest awards. He was voted Metro West Football Association best under-14 player this year and has captained the State at SAPSASA level.

Stretch Jr already appears to have his career mapped out. Former Demon Des O'Dwyer, who coached Billy at under-age level, describes him as one of the most driven young sportsmen he has seen.

Id like to thank South Australia for developing all our sons of guns, lol.

Billy Stretch sounds like a deadset gun, this will be an absolute score,
because in 4 years time, we will be up near the top and if Billys a top
5 player, then it will a massive coup come draft time.

I wouldn't get too carried away just yet, but it sounds about as good as it possibly could at the moment.

Aside from his athletic gifts and the comparison to Judd, it's very good to hear that he's a driven individual, as you need a lot more than talent alone to make it at the top level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EPIC!!!!!! He <3's Melbourne which is good, and father-son means we have another gun in the loading bay, SAH-WEET! :)

358026-billy-stretch.jpg

<3

Love this part of the Adelaide article:

Stretch Jr already appears to have his career mapped out. Former Demon Des O'Dwyer, who coached Billy at under-age level, describes him as one of the most driven young sportsmen he has seen. Billy's talent hasn't gone unnoticed by Melbourne coach Dean Bailey, who has sent him a signed Demons jumper with the message, "Stick with us, the future is bright".

"They're my favourite team," said Billy, a Year 8 Immanuel College student who has always worn his dad's number 18 on his back. "Because dad played there, I've loved them since I was a little kid."

Through their fathers' friendship, Billy has grown up with Jack and said he would jump at the chance to join him at the Dees.

"We're good friends, so I'd love to play with him one day," he said. "It's always been my dream to play AFL but I realise it's going to take a lot of hard work to get there."

Wow melbourne gets no one then this... haha. Still interested to hear about Grinters son though

Wow he's tiny! Normally it's the big kids who win B+Fs at U13 and U14 level, so for him to be so dominant suggests some serious talent. Give it a few years as he grows up, and he could be something special!

Wow he's tiny! Normally it's the big kids who win B+Fs at U13 and U14 level, so for him to be so dominant suggests some serious talent. Give it a few years as he grows up, and he could be something special!

I was only young, but from what i recall, his dad didn't have a big frame. Was a very good player though, so hopefully his son has some of his talent. Far too young to get excited about this kid yet, but it wasn't that long ago we were getting excited about Jack Viney. It's just nice to hear about some good father-son prospects coming through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back